Ch7

Bakugo looked back and found a white-haired woman staring at him. Immediately his brain started looking for information. 'White hair and white eyes. I could have mistaken her but the broom betrayed her. This is Zookeeper, the cleaning villain. Her quirk allows her to weaken other's quirks, kind of like Aizawa-sensei. D-rank villain when she's alone so I'm probably fine. But her rank rises to B when she's with Curator. The problem is she just blew up my cover.'

By that time, every other villain on the bar had realized that a pro-hero had managed to enter their safe space. And they weren't happy about that.

There's one thing about Zookeeper. Her broom is not just an ordinary broom. But you wouldn't know that unless you had fought against her and lived to tell the story. With a small movement she got into battle position. Bakugo didn't know much about her, that's why he didn't notice, but the subtle change didn't escape Midoriya.

In one moment, everyone was serious  but quiet, waiting to see who would make the first move. On the moment after, knives were flying across the room.

"Hey! Zookeeper! What's the rule?"

Midoriya was the first to act, cutting the flow of the situation.

Izuku was a devoted bartender. He was nice to everyone and managed to make that bar a place people wanted to visit. That's why most of his clients liked him. But he wasn't always easy-going. There was one thing that he couldn't stand and every single villain that entered that bar knew it. But then again, Bakugo wasn't a villain, so he wouldn't know.

The ones who had seen Midoriya angry followed that rule because they never wanted to see that again. The ones who hadn't also followed the rule because they didn't want the experience that.

"No blood."

Two simple words that made Zookeeper back off immediately.

Rumour has it that Midoriya made people clean the blood that they shed. On time he even forced a victim to clean their own blood after being dangerously wounded.

"Everyone, today this guy is with me. I want everybody out with no more problems."

In the short time that since Midoriya had started taking care of the bar, he was already more respected than the previous owner, Kurogiri, had ever been.

Because of that, everyone fell silent and left. Except for one person.

"Now, you wanted to talk right? Spit it out."

Bakugo was still dumbfounded but he managed to speak.

"Deku. I'm here to make a deal."

"First of all, don't you think those nicknames are childish? You can call me Izuku."

"Quit that bullshit and let me explain."

Midoriya sighed at the thought that Bakugo hadn't changed at all.

"As I was saying, I want to make a deal. I want you to disappear from this town and never come back."

"And what do I win with that?"

"Well, I won't explode your ass."

Izuku started laughing at the careless words of the blond.

"As if you could. I'm not the same defenseless kid I was back then. Try again."

"Please Deku. If our friendship ever meant anything to you then don't mess with me anymore. I'll do anything."

"What friendship? We were never friends but that was all your fault. But it's kind of funny that you said that. You never thought of friendship when you were messing with me."

"That's not true! I..."

"You what? Are you seriously gonna tell me that you cared?"

"I did care! You were my best friend!"

"Then why did you bully me?"

Bakugo stood still for a bit. Remembering his life 4 years ago made his heart drop. Izuku took that break has an opportunity to make eye contact with the man at the end of the room. It was almost time.

"Because I cared. I only did it because I cared. Being quirkless you could never become a hero but you wouldn't give up. That life was going to destroy you an I couldn't watch that. I needed for you to understand that being a civilian meant you couldn't deal with super powers."

"And your solution was telling me to kill myself."

"That's not fair"

"I know. But do you think that stealing my life was fair?"

"I'm sorry. What else do you want me to say?"

"You're sorry? The all-powerful Katsuki is apologizing to a meaningless civilian. What a joke! How can you be sorry when you don't even know what I've been through?!"

"Stop!"

"You're right. It's about time we end this."

Midoriya look at the end of the room again.

"Take him outside."

The man who had been observing grabbed Katsuki from behind and pulled him outside. He'd recognize those purple scars anywhere.

"Don't kill him yet. We're still gonna have fun."

------------------------

Author's space

It's been a while since I last published something for this story. We're getting close to the end, maybe more four of five chapters.

I introduced a new character, Zookeeper, who is not an original character. She's from an arcade game: My Hero Academia: Clash! Heroes Battle. Here she is.

I hope you're enjoying the story and feel free to ask any question you might have