04

"It was an accident...and besides, today technically isn't even your birthday."

The tall boy rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Knowing you, you probably did that shit on purpose. Why the fuck are short people so violent?"

"I'm not short, I'm average height."

"Average height for a midget." He mumbled under his breath.

Clementine made a face and crossed her arms over her chest. "What are you even doing here? Are you stalking me or something?"

"Ain't nobody worried about you. I had to take a piss."

She looked away from him to avoid the embarrassment she felt. As she glanced around, she noticed that everyone was being themselves, having fun with each other. Clementine was fairly new to the celebrity world but she knew that things like this were rare. No cameras, no fans, no paparazzi - just a small moment of peace and laughter with close friends.

"This is really nice, Tyler." She said.

He looked at her in confusion. "What's nice?"

"This." Clementine gestured around the park with her hands. "I mean, it's your birthday, and you decided to do something nice for your friends."

Tyler shrugged and adjusted his chains. "I wanted to do something fun. And most of these niggas aren't my friends. They're just industry people I know."

Clementine tilted her head in confusion. "I don't get it. If they aren't your friends, why're they here?"

"The same reason you're here. My actual friends invited them along." He told her blunty.

She nodded in understanding and looked up at the sky. The weather had cooled off some, clouds covering the beaming sun, and a nice breeze had picked up. It felt amazing.

"I fucking love your voice, by the way." Tyler told her.

Clementine sent him a soft smile. "Thank you."

"I mean it. It's, like, fucking angelic. I want to do a song with you. I made a bunch of beats after I listened to your EP with your voice in mind."

She blinked at him in surprise. She knew that he liked her music, but she didn't know he liked it enough to produce songs with her in mind. "Why?" She asked him.

"Like I said. I love your voice."

"I still haven't listened to your music." Clementine admitted to him.

Tyler side eyed her. "I invite you on my tour and you ain't  even heard my music? I feel disrespected right now."

She shrugged. "My bad. I've never been like, wow, let me listen to Tyler, the Creator. Especially after our little incident."

"Right. The incident where you threw up in my fuckin' car and didn't bother paying to get it cleaned."

Clementine sighed - she could sense this conversation was about to take a turn for the worst. "Where's Valarie?" She changed the subject.

His body tensed up and she could tell that she'd said the wrong thing again. "She's busy." Tyler said, his voice carefully void of emotion.