"H-How?"

"I have eyes Kirsten." He said.

The two of us then ended up inside my apartment. I dismissed the babysitter, paying her as she leaves. Michael and I barely spoke as we sat on the couch. I didn't know what to say honestly.

"I know you probably want answers now." Michael started, gazing at me. I stayed silent, signaling him to continue. "But it'll come in due time."

"Why do I have to be oblivious to things? I was in the middle of a freaking shooting and damn near died! Why won't nobody tell me anything!" I was becoming frustrated with all the secrets. I just wanted to be in the know. When I seen he wasn't going to answer me I exhaled deeply.

"Say something!" I said while snapping my fingers.

"In due time." He said then stood to his feet. "I have to go. I'll see you another time." He quickly left without another word. I rolled my eyes so hard, seeing that I wasn't gonna win this battle at all.

***

The next day went by faster than I thought it would be. I dreaded coming into work but James needed me since he was short three dancers. One was killed last night during the shooting and two quit because of it.

Tonight I wore a red long sleeved off the shoulder dress that stopped to my mid thigh. I wore a silver heart shaped necklace that my mother once gave to me before she died. My hair was held up into a ponytail and I wore light makeup.

Instead of sitting at the bar, I found a table in the back. I wanted to find a different spot to occupy in the club. I could see James eyeing me as he realized I didn't sit at the bar and talk with him like a usual would. I shot him a smile as I watched him clean glasses and fill orders.

My eyes kept wandering towards the front door of the club. I was anticipating Michael's arrival for some reason, knowing that Denise is here and I can't talk to him.

The doors soon opened and I seen a group of men, all wearing black suits and shades covering their eyes. I watched them closely as they walked around the club. I've never noticed them come in before. Before I could do anymore looking, I felt a presence next to me.

"What's a beautiful lady like you sitting alone for?" The man asked. I seen he wore a black suit and a hat to match. He wore shades as well as the other men I saw earlier.

"I just wanted to be alone." I said, looking everywhere but at him.

"I'm sorry if I've failed to introduce myself, my name is K. Brown." The man, known as K, said as he softly lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it.

"My name is Jewels." I said, not giving him my real name. I pulled my hand away from his and looked everywhere else, trying to avoid anymore small talk with the man.

"Why won't you look at me, I won't bite." He chuckles, grabbing my chin roughly and making me look at him. I pushed him away and quickly stood my feet, almost stumbling. "Come back." He said as he grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me back down.

"Is there a problem here?" A voice asked. I seen Michael and two men in sharp suits behind him.

"We're just having a conversation, ain't that right?" He said as he gripped my arm a little tighter so Michael couldn't see. I slowly nodded and Michael stared at me, knowing something was wrong.

"Not anymore. Unless you want a problem, I suggest you leave." Michael said. The man glared at Michael. "I'll go, for now." He spoke.

For now? What does that mean?

The man let my arm go then walked away after straightening his suit. Michael watched him the whole time as he walked out of the club. "Why were you talking to him?" Michael asked, his teeth clenched as he pulled me up from the chair and brought me closer to him.

"I-I didn't..h-he came and.." I couldn't even finish from how frightened I was from Michael's tone.

"Get your things, we're leaving." He said.

"I-I can't michael, I haven't even went on stage—"

"I'll pay you to just walk out that door with me." He said and I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to win. I went to the back and quickly gathered my things. I insisted that he stayed in the front. He questioned me but I told him it wouldn't take long.

"What's wrong Kirsten?" Denise asked as she seen me packing my duffle bag out the door. "You're leaving early?"

"Denise! Oh uh I-I decided to go home. I'm not feeling to well." I lied.

"Really? You seemed fine before we left." She said.

"Y-Yeah but things change I guess. I'll see you when you get home." I said then dashed away. Michael was waiting for me at the bar. We had soon left the club. I watched the buildings we passed out the window and gasped as he passed my apartment complex.

"M-Michael!" I said.

"We're going to my place." He said.

"I have a child at home Michael! I can't just go to your house at this time of night." I nagged. I didn't care if I sounded the way that I did.

"I understand that but you'll be back by morning." He said.

"No! No, I need to be back tonight!" He didn't even answer me. He kept his eyes on the road and ignored my last comment. I huffed and sat back in the seat, not speaking to him anymore.