One Hell Of A Bad Night

Start from the beginning

"Who's there?!" I yelled while looking around the forest.

Just then, the bushes rustled and then someone spoke up from behind us.

"Young ladies, what are you two doing in the woods this late at night?"

I turned around and I saw a weathered-looking man with a chiselled face walking towards me with a smile on his face.

'A Buddhist monk?'

"I am called Kennyo, and I am a travelling monk. Perhaps I can be of assistance to you?"

'Stranger danger!!'

I shouted in my head and I said to him.

"Uh, thanks, I appreciate your assistance but, we're fine, besides, I'm perfectly capable of taking are of my sister.

Mai and I slowly backed away from Kennyo and then he took a long stride towards me only to put a hand on my shoulder.

"You two should return home quickly. Demons lurk in the woods at night."

"OK, thanks for the advice, bye!"

Mai shouted before dashing away from us.

"Sorry about her dashing off like that, no manners whatsoever *chuckle nervously* uh, wait for me, Mai!"

I shouted as I chased after her. I tried to look for her but, I lost sight of her for a moment until I heard someone shout.

"Watch out!"

Followed by a familiar cry which belonged to Mai. My protective instincts kicked in and I followed after the source of the commotion. I found Mai and there was a stranger helping her onto her feet.

"Mai!" I called out cor her and then she looked in my direction.

"Sora!"

"You idiot! Running off like that and leaving me behind like that! Not fast as me you said, yeah right! When trouble comes along that's when you run faster than me."

"Gomen, Sora," Mai said with her head lowered.

I sighed a little and I told her.

"Don't worry about it, it's been one hell of a crazy night," I said before ruffling Mai's hair making her giggle.

The stranger looked between us and he asked us.

"Uh, who are you?"

"Mai's sister of course, I'm guessing you're the one who stopped her from falling off that cliff?"

"How'd you know that?"

"It doesn't take a genius to work out why you were helping Mai onto her feet and another thing, she was running away with a scared look on her face so I figured something bad would have happened."

The stranger looked at me surprised and then another figure appeared from the shadows.

"We just arrived but, you already have found yourself not one but, two women, Yuki?"

A broad-shouldered man, who is a full head taller than Yuki and with a grin on his face met us on the edge of the forest.

"Please spare me, Lord Shingen! this woman was about to jump off a cliff," the stranger, called Yuki, told Shingen.

"It wasn't like that, it was only because I was running with my eye closed," Mai told us bluntly.

"Huh? why would you do something like that in the woods at night?"

"Would you believe me if I told you I was trying to find my happy place?"

Yuki chuckled a little when Mai said this while I shook my head at her. The man called Shingen looked at us up and down before speaking up again.