DAY 1: October 1st, 2085

"Take off those stupid sunglasses. You look like a doofus and you're going to get us killed."

From the passenger seat of the speeding car, a twitchy, anxious fifteen year old boy named Marcus Lavero sat staring at out the front windshield in an upset mood. He was never a fan of his brother's whole "wearing sunglasses at night" deal, and the situation tonight didn't help calm him at all. He was a nervous wreck.

"Shut up, asshole." his brother, Anthony, replied, not taking his eyes off the road but turning his head. "I haven't killed us yet. Just watch out for Shia."

Marcus obeyed his brother and scanned their surroundings. Despite what he said, his brother not being able to see to his best extent was bothering him. They were going at least 75 miles per hour in a 55 zone. Cops could be on the lookout as well as Shia and his men. And the last thing they need at this point is to be pulled over and delayed from leaving the state.

The Finch Towers were visible up ahead, lit up like Christmas trees against the dark, night sky painted behind it. They posed as a state border & checkpoint for A.U.A's. Artificial Intelligence Authorities.
They were where the boys were headed to leave Eiro and go undercover in Inferi. The AIUSA was a dangerous place no matter what, & for two secret authority agents for the biggest confidential project to country's ever created, border crossing wasn't easy.

"You know," Marcus said after about a mile or two in silence, "One day you're going to crash this car because your wearing those stupid sunglasses, and all I'm going to do is say 'I told you so.'".

"Would you just shut the hell up already?" Anthony asked. "You want me to take them off? Will it make you shut up? Here!"

The driver ripped his sunglasses off his face & threw them at his brother's chest. They bounced off with surprising force & chatted to the floor. Anthony's bright, sapphire colored eyes light up the car with reflection of the moonlight.

"Thank you." Marcus said calmly.
Anthony gave him a rude hand gesture and continued their trip to the Finch Towers.

Marcus reached for his laptop, which was in the door pocket. He started it up & pulled something up on a tab.

"You know how to hack networks?" Marcus asked. "Because we're not getting anywhere without a password for the mainframe."

"Damn it..." Anthony slammed a fist on
the wheel. "They said they got us in!"

ACCESS DENIED flashed across Marcus's screen in bright green letters.

"Can we get into the checkpoint without it?"

"I'm sure we can." Anthony said. "We have our I.D's right?"

"This project is going to take me to the grave..." Marcus mumbled. His leg began to twitch & jump.

The sleek, silver, high speed car took a sudden sharp right turn & was suddenly illuminated with light. The security check in was blocking their entrance to the towers.

"Identification please." slurred the robotic voice.

Anthony pulled out a small, black card from a compartment in the dashboard & scanned it on a barcode plate. A heavy duty, metal gate rolled open in front of them & granted the car access.

As Anthony pulled the car in, Marcus questioned, "Why didn't they need mine?"

"The security cameras didn't see you. They don't know you're here." Anthony mumbled, barely audible.

Marcus whispered something to himself.

The Finch Towers stood in front of them like a human from an ant's point of view. They were bright and lively, obviously in use. They were blinding, actually.