x. | the less you know

Start from the beginning

Tony sighed as Peter stood up next to her.

"We had to take him down!" Peter defended and Salene nodded.

"Take him down, now, huh, steady Crockett, there are people for that job," Tony spoke and Salene dropped her jaw.

"Did you not hear a word of what I said?" Salene asked frustratedly, "Did you not hear the keywords 'weapons of mass destruction?"

Tony seemed to only glance at her before looking back to Peter. Salene was ready to punch him where it hurts. She watched as the conversation went on, she had no energy left to fight with Tony Stark and she knew that if she opened her mouth again, she would be in trouble. Or, even more, trouble than she already is.

Peter did seem to get him to activate the heaters that Tony had built into the suits, making Salene shudder with a sigh. She probably should have listened to what he was saying, all she could remember is that Tony has a tracker in the suit and that he didn't want them to mess with the arms dealers any longer. Salene wasn't going to acknowledge that second part.

She waited until he left for her to leave her spot and go to her mask.

"Salene?" Peter spoke up, catching her attention, she turned to face him. He stood by the jungle-gym dome, "I don't even know how to begin asking you."

"Good, because I'm not interested in telling you," Salene spoke, flipping her hair up and tying it in a knot, she was going to severely regret that, but she didn't want the hassle of dealing with hair stuck in her mask.

"Salene!" Peter spoke up, making her roll her eyes and look at him again.

"What?" She asked in a mocking tone of his voice, "I'm serious, Peter, the less you know the better." Salene patted her suit down and found her phone. In a second it was gone.

"Answers, please," Peter spoke and Salene groaned and looked at him.

"Hey, remember that thing with that really big guy at the airport?" She asked and Peter puffed his chest out.

"It's not gonna kill you to talk," He pleaded and Salene rolled her eyes.

"What time is it?" She asked and Peter shrugged, looking at the clock on her phone.

"Enough for a long story, party shouldn't end for another few hours," Peter spoke and Salene nodded.

She walked over to the swings and sat down, she tried thinking of a way to start, she didn't know where. She eventually decided on the night of the possession. Salene took a deep breath and looked to Peter who stood in front of her. It was discovered to be easier to talk when she got started with that night, everything seemed to just spill out and she realized that it felt good to finally talk to someone other than her sarcastic brother who interrupted every other word to ask another question.

Peter seemed to be understanding the words that left her mouth. Salene loved that. She felt that the real weight she's been carrying this whole time has been lifted from her shoulders. She hands were shaking and she wasn't cold anymore, she was just happy for the first time in a while.

"Lucifer has been torturing you for this long, and no one has seemed to notice?" Peter asked and Salene shrugged her shoulders.