13 | MONDEGREEN

Beginne am Anfang

     Tessa's brows furrowed as all those events came rushing back to her. "Sir, the Sphinx — Snape — Stone — what happened? Is everything okay?"

     Dumbledore nodded at her. "Everything is okay, all shall be explained. A little bit of patience, Tessa. I have some questions about how you managed to escape the Sphinx."

     A shudder ran down her spine as she remembered the evil glint in those ruby eyes, the hulking, solid gold body of the beast. "I answered its riddle and pulled down the lever on the hallway, while I let Harry run to the door to go to the next chamber."

     "That place is a dead end, there's no way out. How did you escape it and find your way back here?"

     She shrugged. "There was a door a little bit up ahead the safe corridor that wasn't collapsed. I walked in and found the Hospital Wing."

     Dumbledore paused to assess her words as he hummed, "Interesting."

     Before Tessa could ask anything about it, she heard the shuffling of sheets and she turned to see Harry waking up. "Harry! Are you alright? Are you feeling better?"

     "Tessa," he muttered groggily, blinking sleep away.

     "Good afternoon, Harry," Dumbledore said, walking over to stand between the two of their beds.

     Harry stared at him for a moment before blurting out, "Sir! The Stone! It was Quirrell! He's got the Stone! Sir, quick —"

     Tessa was slapped shock as she repeated, "Quirrell? You're telling me that Quirrell was behind all of this?" She scowled and grumbled, "To think we've been going against that greasy monkey all this time just to find out some squirrel was the one after the Stone."

     It was like it was back to normal. Dumbledore and Harry ignored her as the professor said, "Calm yourself, dear boy, you are a little behind the times. Quirrell does not have the Stone."

     "Then who does? Sir, I —"

     "Harry, please relax, or Madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out."

     "Hey, look at this," Tessa spoke up, pointing at the bedside table next to them in attempt to distract Harry and calm him down.

     "Tokens from your friends and admirers," said Dumbledore, beaming. "What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat."

     Tessa couldn't help but to snort at that. "Of course they would try to send a toilet seat."

     Dumbledore laughed. "No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it." He turned to look at her. "You've had quite some interesting visitors and admirers, Tessa. It was a rather odd sight to see, but not very surprising."

     A funny look crossed her face as she racked her brain on who could've visited her. She knew Ron and Hermione would visit her for sure. Fred and George, of course. Maybe her dorm mates, Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil, and Rhea Huang?

     "How long have I been in here?" Harry asked.

     "Three days. Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Granger will be most relieved that the both of you have come round, they have been extremely worried."

     "But sir, the Stone —"

     Tessa was also looking at Dumbledore expectantly for an explanation, so he sighed and said, "I see you are not to be distracted. Very well, the Stone. Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you. I arrived in time to prevent that, although you were doing very well on your own, I must say."