butterflies and pink cheeks pt. 3

Start from the beginning

But eventually, he does notice she isn't listening to him ramble about the way sometimes his fingers just move without him thinking. He grins and her stomach drops. "You don't really care do you?"

She wakes up from her daze. "Oh no, I totally care about..."

He licks his dry lips and gives her a knowing smile. "It's fine. Do you want to get started?"

She nods eagerly and he leads her into the living room. There's an old burgundy couch sitting opposite a dated glass coffee table; Taron's bass is laying casually on said couch, and he quickly rushes forward to move it, gesturing for her to sit. 

She can't believe she's sitting on his couch right now, let alone at his house when his parent's aren't due to be home for hours. Not that she's expecting anything to happen, but still. 

Taron takes a seat beside her, trying to maintain a respectful distance while still sitting close to her. He can smell her perfume, noting that is smells of something beautiful and floral, which seems appropriate considering who's wearing it. 

He places the guitar on his knee to stop it from bouncing nervously, and starts showing her some simple chords. 

She has to hold back her blatant excitement because he does the amazing thing where he moves her fingers to the right chords. That was a maybe as well, her cheeks flush with happiness. She couldn't be more glad that she finally got the guts to do this. 

Taron can sense her emotions for once, and he couldn't be happier with how she appears to be feeling. He's noticed her pink cheeks before, he used to think they were always like that, that she just had a rosy complexion. But now that's he's up close to her, he can tell. It's not always like that. The pink cheeks come in different shades and intensity. When he speaks, they get brighter, when he smiles at her it happens again. And when he moves her fingers around they go almost red. 

After an hour or so of learning chords and chord progression, Taron stops, and stares into her eyes. 

"Is, is there something on my face?" She stammers, looking at him breathlessly. 

The intensity of his gaze sets off her cheeks again, they flush so quickly it's almost like out of a cartoon. 

"No." He breathes. 

"O-okay."

He doesn't look away, but now his eyes are flicking between her eyes and her lips, in a way he wishes was more subtle. Y/N notices alright, but she doesn't care. She finds herself looking at his lips herself, admiring them, wondering how they would feel pressed against her own. 

But both of them are nervous, shy, and far too in love to do anything about those desires. Both think that a kiss would be too soon; even if the other feels the same way they surely only started feeling that way recently, and so a kiss would be too much too soon. 

Neither of them are aware the other has felt the same way for as long as they have. 

Time passes slowly, neither of them want to break the eye contact, but both wanting more. 

In the end it is Taron who breaks the eye contact. He glances at her lips one last time before asking her. 

"Can I kiss you Y/N?"

If Y/N hadn't already been in love with him she could easily have fallen in love with him in that moment. The one big doubt she had about all of this was what if he isn't respectful? What if he's one of those guy's who only wants one thing and doesn't care about anything else? Consent? Was something she needed, even for a simple kiss. 

Which was why this was her answer:

"Yes."

She said it firmly, so her response was clear. 

Taron allowed himself a small smile, before he slowly leaned in, looking at his target: her lips. Wanting everything about it to be perfect. 

In seconds, their lips collide. Taron cups her face in his hand, pulling her ever closer to him, while Y/N wraps an arm around his back. The two are so close they're almost one body, one mass body of love. The kiss they had both been building up to for just over a year was everything they imagined it would be. Their noses bump every so often, but if anything it made it feel more real, it would wake them up to the reality of the moment. 'Hey! You're kissing that person.' It would scream in their ear, and the kiss would ever deepen. 

After what felt like only seconds, but was really minutes, they pull apart, breathless. 

Taron can feel the butterflies swooping in his stomach with excitement, and he holds the hand of his dream girl. 

Y/N's cheeks flush pink again, as she smiles shyly at the boy she had loved for so long. 

Amazing things happen when butterflies and pink cheeks collide.  

---

I really hope you enjoyed this mini series! I have never written a oneshot as quickly and yet as passionately as I just did so I really hope you liked this :)

feedback in the comments, if you want!

love you guys! <3