Kang Minhee: Comic Inspiration

3686 words

"Dohyun! Please tell me you have some ideas for my next sequel"

I gripped his shoulders and looked at him with pleading eyes. "Yo, I only do rap. Not stressing out ideas for your sequel", He rolled his eyes annoyingly. I punched his arm harshly. "Oh my god, I'm having a writer's block. This is not a good sign!". I raked my fingers in my hair, making it look like a nest in the process. 

I've been writing a comic called 'The Side you've Never Seen' since I started middle school. I'll give a brief description of it. It's basically a girl with no emotions or feelings who was confined in a dungeon for many years. Until her teenage years, a war broke out and she was set free from imprisonment. She had nothing else to do, so she decided to join the army not knowing the dangers of it. Through many hardships and witnesses, she began seeing many things she hasn't seen before and her feelings developed. She now knew what happiness felt like, sadness, excitement, etc. The power of friendship was important because it made her grow to the person she is now. 

Okay, that was a bit too much. But after five months since its release, it became widespread out of nowhere. I mean I just published it for fun nothing else but hey, I receive money for doing the stuff I love. Now I just gotta think of something else and keep the audience's interest.

"Calm down, I'm sure you'll think of something and won't have to rip everyone's head because of ideas", Dohyun said as he fixed his headphones back on his head. A head with a tiny nut. Note sarcasm. That little brother of mine clicked his ball pen, trying to think of some lyrics to write for his next song that he's going to upload on Youtube. Gotta admit the instrumental was lit. 

His constant clicking interrupted me. Too much. I twisted my chair and told, "Can you stop that?". He didn't budge and continued to jam to the music. I became aware that he couldn't hear me. I made a 'Lenny's face'. While sticking my tongue out, I called him names in my normal tone of voice. Lol, he didn't notice. As I was about to do some more, he took his headphones off and scowled at me. That was when I knew I messed up. He stood up and his tall physique strolled toward me. 

"Noona, you might be older than me by two years but you are so dead", He threatened as he cracked his cute fingers. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. Don't hurt me. I'll give you what you want. Deal?", I shifted away from him trying to favor him in exchange for saving my life. "Anything?"

I gulped. I knew that it wasn't going to go well and I definitely knew that my income was going to go trashed.

What a lovely brother and sister relationship...

~~~~~~~~~

What did I tell ya? Was half my weekly income gone? Indeed. 

I blankly stared at my frog purse. Coins left jiggling with a few receipts and cards. I glowered at Dohyun. He held two bags filled with beef meat and other types of meat. They were awfully exorbitant and I couldn't believe I spent that much. 

"Yo Noona. I'll give you some because you're being extra nice to me", He sniggered while licking his vanilla ice cream deliciously. To be honest, I was tempted to have some of his ice-cream. Helpfully, I took one of the plastic bags from him so he could easily eat his delicacy. He was amused and said, "Oh thank you Noona!". I sighed. "Can I have some of that ice-cream, please?", I asked nicely. "Is that the reason why you helped me just now?", He chortled. He gave no sign of even wanting to grant me some.

I poked the inside of my cheek with my tongue. My brother can be such a tease. Even though we quarrel like children most of the time, we still depended on each other. Suddenly, a lightbulb lit over my head. I tapped onto his shoulder and pointed at a distance.