The Repeated Love 71 - The Only Thing I Could Do For You Now

Start from the beginning

You shook your head. "No, it's really cold out here, right?"

"Y-yeah.. wai-" He widened his eyes when it hit him. "H-here, Riekka! Wear my jacket!"

"Ah, I'm alright."

"NO! I-I mean.. No..! Please! Here!" He unzipped his jacket and put it around you.  "It's not good for the baby if you feel cold..!"

'Really.. how sweet of him..'

"Thank you, Juudaime-sama."

"Uhm.." He look at your stomach and touch on it gently without hesitation, and you nearly flinched from his sudden action. "It's almost to 3 months period, right?"

You nod.

"Is it.. a baby boy? Or a baby girl?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't check with the doctor yet."

"Oh.." He rubbed on it gently and kneel down. "M-May I..?"

You blinked and nod.

He smiled before he press his ear on it, which startled you this time. You don't know if Tsuna realized what he was doing now, usually he will get shocked by himself when he do this kind of.. lovely things. He didn't even react when you touch on his shoulders.

"Which one would you hope for?"

"Hm?"

"I mean.. a boy or a girl?"

"Both are fine to me." You chuckled. "As long as he or she can lead Vongola family after you."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

'Oops.' "Ah.. I said.. let's go and rest over there?"

"No, you said something before that."

"Hm? I didn't." You smiled (twitched into a smile obviously) innocently to him.

"Oh.. okay."

'Phew. I nearly slipped it out.'

"Rest.. where?"

You sit down and pat on your lap. "Here of course."

"E-ehhhh O////O?? B-but Riekka, you are cold!"

"Then we can warm up together ^^!"

"But-"

"I said come HERE."

Tsuna jolted to the venom in your voice. "O-Okay then.."

He did as you said, more like a command to be exact, to rest his head on your lap.

"You can do it, Juudaime-sama. I pray all the best for you."

"....."

It's the same thing the past you said to him.

"..Riekka?"

"Hm?"

"Is it alright.. for me to do this?"

"Do what?" You do another innocent smile to his question.

"To rest on your lap, to do this.. you know.."

You keep silent, knowing what he will ask next.

"Where is your husband? Why he didn't protect you? W-why did you choose to be here to protect me and be by my side instead?"

'Please..! Please say that your husband is not someone that I know.. or even-' He grind his teeth. 'If it is someone that I know.. then.. I will..'

"Hmm.. he is dead you know." 'Not really..' You giggled silently to yourself.

"W-what?"

He turned to you with a disbelief look.

"He-"

"Now, now, have a rest, Juudaime-sama. You shouldn't molest your brain with this kind of things."

"M-molest?? That's a bit O.O.."

"Come now, go to sleep..! You have a big day tomorrow!"

'Her husband is.. dead..? Is it because of me..? I-if let's say.. his husband is one of the people in Vongola.. then he died because he have connections with me as the Vongola boss..! It's.. my fault..!' Tsuna balls his fists. 'Then.. the only thing I could do now is..'

"Riekka..!" He abruptly rose and hold on your shoulder.

"O.o Ye-yes?"

"I will be serious this time..!"

"Huh?"

"I WILL PROTECT YOU NO MATTER WHAT!"

"Wh-"

"I will protect you..!"

You were surprised. Very surprised. To his expression, no, his eyes. He is indeed, serious when he said it.

"Un.. thank you, Juudaime-sama.."

He breathe a sigh of relief and lay back down on your lap.

"Hehe."

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing.. it's just.. you do not hesitate anymore to lay on my lap this time."

"O-Oh.. yeah.."

This may look like cheating, but you use your advanced telepathy skill to read his mind when he turn back from you and closed his eyes.

'A sleep wouldn't take over quickly, so there's a possibility of him to think about something before drifting himself to sleep-'

'..I love you, that is why.'

You parted your lips and immediately stopped yourself from reading his mind.

'....'

Your lips slowly curved into a small smile.

'I love you too.. Anata.'

You caress his hair while you hum 'Konoyo no Uta' lullaby song to him, paused as your wedding ring come into contact.

'When I think about it.. I myself couldn't believe that I'm the one who was wearing this ring..'