✰home; grayson ✰

y/n pov:

8 months ago...

"please don't leave." i whispered holding him tightly, not wanting to let go.

"hey look at me." he whispered and gently grabbed my shoulders making me look at him.

"i promise you that i will be back, no matter what happens." he wiped my tears, while i nodded my head.

"i love you y/n." he said kissing my forehead.

"i love you too dad." i said back and he weakly smiled at me, hugging me again.

"boarding all military, boarding all military." the intercom ringed through the airport. we both let go and he waved bye and i stood there waving back.

before i knew it, he was gone in the crowds of others.

present day...

the loud and obnoxious bell rang throughout the school, letting everybody know it's time to get the fuck out of hell, well until monday.

i grabbed my bag and put it over my shoulder. i walked out to the overly crowded hallways getting by to the front exit.

i grabbed my phone from my bag reading all my notifications.

uncle e
hey can't pick you up today walk home today sorry kiddo

great.

i looked outside and it was pouring rain.

fucking awesome.

i opened the door and walked out feeling the droplets hitting my face and head. i already felt drenched.

i walked through my uncles house knowing no one is home. i threw my bag somewhere near the coat rack and my shoes by the door.

i went upstairs to my room not really thinking about eating. i changed my clothes to my grey sweatpants and a t-shirt.

i plopped on my bed putting in my airpods listening to my playlist on shuffle. today was one of those mentally draining days. when my dad first left i was really bad, i started getting better and was always having a great day. lately it's been mentally exhausting and i've been crying nonstop just wanting my dad home.

i looked over at the picture that was set on my desk. me and my dad on 4th of july, smiling. i felt my hot tears roll off my face, i rolled my eyes for crying again.

i got up wanting to get my mind off of it. i walked downstairs into the kitchen looking into the fridge still not hungry just bored.

i sighed and sat in the living room grabbing a blanket and sitting down on the sofa. i looked through snapchat looking at everyone going to someone's party tonight.

"y/n?" ethan yelled and i took out my airpods.

"in the living room." i said back softly. his footsteps echoed throughout the house.

"we are going to my mom and dads for dinner tonight." he said walking in sitting next to me.

"tonight? i thought that was sunday?"

"nope tonight, now c'mon you don't even have to change just grab a sweatshirt it's cold out." he said and i nodded my head going up to my room, throwing on my sweatshirt and my vans, running back downstairs.

"ready?" he asked and i nodded my head following him to his car in the garage.

i got in and we left.

"i'm sorry i couldn't pick you up today i had meetings all day." he said

"it's okay, i just got drenched that's all." i said and he laughed and i giggled.

we had our usual talk about our day and what happened. he parked in the drive way and we ran inside trying to avoid getting wet.

my grandma was at the door smiling watching us run chuckling. we got in and she shut the door. i hugged her and she hugged ethan.

"i need you to put this on over your eyes." my grandma said and i looked at her confused.

"it's a surprise just do it." she said and i put the blindfold on. i felt ethan grab my shoulders guiding me through the house.

he let go and i stood there alone.

"can i take off the blindfold?" i asked

"now you can take it off." ethan said. i took it off opening my eyes, seeing him.

i ran into his arms and everyone recording and cheering and aweing at the pure moment.

"i told you i would be right back." he whispered to me and i hugged him tighter.

"your home." i said and smiled letting go and he smiled back with tears down his face.

"i'm home."

+this made me in my feels and made me happy, ahaha i love having mixed emotions