Chapter 12

Shanae

I was headed to class in I wasn't feeling it today all I need to do was push through for the next 2 weeks. I will finally have my GED and go to nursing school, just then I seen my teacher Mrs. Smith.

Shanae, can I have a word with you after class? She asked

Yes."

It was 1:30pm and class had ended.

I'm so proud of you, you're the first student I have to be doing good. Your grades on the practice test is through the roof, and because of that I had scheduled your appointment this afternoon at the Albany County Multi Educational Center go to suite B and take this paper with you. Me and the staff all put in money to help with your testing." She said

Thank y'all so much."

You welcome,the place close at 4:00 today if I were you I will go there like right now."

I nodded my head,and praised god for everything that he done for me even 2 years ago I didn't understand not nothing thought I knew everything there was a reason he led me in Mississippi, I had dropped out of school, got into an abusive relationship, met Kesha she introduced me to her cousin all of these blessings thank you lord.

I arrived at the place I gave them my I.D, social security card and the paper that was given to me. I was now on the computer doing my test I was doing language arts and reading I answered 15 questions and the computer shut off, I got up and the lab tech came in so he put it on another subject same thing happen again and it kept on happening until I finished every subject. It took me about 45 minutes to take the test plus I had to write an essay.

I got into my car I looked at my phone I called 20 missed calls some was from Zay, Kesha, my mom and an unfamiliar number. I called Zay first

Call mode

Hey baby

Where you at love? I've been trying to call you for an hour now.

Well I took my GED test early

Foreal baby! what did you make on your test?

They said they will mail me my results, and I think I did good.

As smart as you is I know you pass and I'm off work. I will get Demarion and I dressed and we all can go out to eat

Well I have to come home and get cleaned as well.

What's wrong what you got on?

Cause these are my school clothes and I will see you when I get home I love you and see you shortly.

Call mode ended

Next I decided to call Kesha so I dialed her number and put her on Bluetooth while I drive.

Call mode

Biii you been M.I.A since you with my cousin

Girl no I've been locking down with school I have took my test today it's just been exhausting day for me.

I understand, you will never believe who texted me telling me that they was going to beat my ass

Girl who

Gina, girl someway they found out you and Tavion are talking and she was like you broke up a happy home and she was going to whoop my ass.

She need to whoop her son ass.

Exactly, why couldn't I come with that come back? I heard that you was pregnant again

(I started laughing because I knew she saw it off Zays page but I don't feel like I'm pregnant and the way I eat yeah) no I'm not Zay ass just being funny for no reason.