9. Chapter: Mind

Caitlin's pov

I was talking to Killer Frost this morning about the serum.

,,Would you have thought, that we need so much time until we are ready with the serum?" I asked.

,,Caity, is that even a question?
Aren't you actually wondering, that you need so much time although Barry helps you every evening? I mean my suggestion is make less fun and more work"

,,What?...we do work. We are just having fun and are working at the same time. And since when do you choose work over fun?" I giggeled.

,,I am just worried about your feelings". she said serious and dryden.

Okay so no fun talking to her today. I rolled my eyes. ,,Seriously? I am okay"
I said. ,,I hadn't such a good time for months, like I had the last week. So don't worry".

,,Knock, knock"

I turned around. Iris entered the room.
,,Can I talk to you?" she asked.
I sensed Killer Frost rolling her eyes for this interruption, but I realised that she disappeared. I smiled to myself, I loved her.

,,yes of course" I replied to Iris
We sat on the stairs. ,,So Barry and you have to work this evening again?" she asked.

,,He actually didn't set a time yet, but yesterday he wanted too" I told her.

She nooded. I saw something was wrong.
,,You know it's just, I feel like there is no connection between me and Barry and he is away every evening, so it does not make it better" she said further.

Oh man I was not really the person to talk about their problems, it gave me a weird feeling.
,,Maybe he just want to get the serum finished" I tried to calm her down, realising that this answer was so lame.

,,Maybe..." Iris said absended.
,,Actually I just want to ask you, if you two could not work together in the evening, so maybe I can have a date with him" she meant.

,,Oh, of course" I said. ,,But why you don't ask himself? he knows he don't has to help me.

,,Yeah I know, but Barry always wants to help and if you tell him, that you don't need him, he would not feel bad.
she answered.

,,I understand, I will tell him"
She smiled ,,thank you"
,,No problem".

Iris went back to the CCPN
I went to Cisco.

,,Is Barry here or is he at the CCPD?
,,He wanted to take some coffee from Jitters, cause I definitly need some coffein. Why?" Cisco asked.

,,Actually..."
,,You want some coffe too? Thats no problem, I will text him"
Ralph interrupted me. I looked with my What stupid things are you even talking - glance at him.
,,No, of course not" I said.
To Cisco I answered ,,It's just, that we can't wotk together this evening, cause Iris want to do something with him. So if you see him you could tell him, that I don't need his help today?"
,,Okay" Cisco said and I went back to work.

Later
Barry's pov

,,Here is your Latte Cisco and your Killer Frost Ralph, anything to do or can I go to the CCPD?" I asked.

,,No news, we stuck, Cicada didn't show up" Cisco said.
,,Oh and before I forget, I shall tell you from Caitlin that you two can't work together this evening" he added.

,,Why?" I looked at Ralph, he probably asked her out, but our work appointment was first.
,,Something with you and Iris, ask her by yourself, I forgot"
Cisco was busy I realised.
,,But finally I can ask her out" Ralph smirked. I looked at him ,,yeah of course...tell me if you got it" I tried to be cool but went straight to Caitlin. Why was I angry? Ralph had a right to go out wit her! And I would obviously do something with my wife, finally spend time with Iris. Yes, I should be happy... but I wasn't.
I took a deep breath. ,,Barry turn your mind off you are starting to act weird" I said to my self.

,,Hey Caitlin" I said entering her lab
,,So I don't understand, I thought we would work together tonight?"
,,Yeah, but instead you can go on a date with Iris, she asked for and she is right, you helped enough, and I don't need you today. You deserve a free evening with your wife. So I can work alone or go out too, lets see".

,,Oh thanks...thats great" I tried a smile, but I was kind of disapointed. Stupid feelings. I went to the CCPD and asked Iris what she planned on my way. Eating in a Restaurant and talking.

Why wasn't I happy? I was supossed to be happy to spend time with my wife.

sorry for the long break without writing anything 🙈💗