let's be honest // c.b.

Börja om från början

"You're already here." I smirked.

Colby glared at me, a smile playing on his lips. His face then relaxed. "Are you living with Jake now?"

"Why are you asking that?" I inquired.

"It just seems like you're always here." He responded.

"Well, Jake invites me here."

"Every day this week?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"No... why would it be?" He muttered.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You tell me."

"Mom, Dad. Stop fighting." Jake joked, coming out of the bathroom.

"Oh, thank God you're out. I gotta go so bad." I went over to the bathroom and did my business. Right as I was about to come out, I could hear Colby and Jake talk about me.

"Can I ask you something honestly?" Colby requested.

"Sure. What's up?" Jake replied.

"Why do you have Y/N over all the time?" He questioned.

Jake chuckled. "Because she's my friend."

"Well, she's my friend too but I didn't invite her over every day this week to hangout." Colby scoffed.

"Colby, she's been hanging out with me to help me." Jake insisted.

"Help you with what?" He sassed.

"Today it was for my video. But I've needed some advice this past week. And she's one of the only girls in our group." Jake revealed.

"What advice is she giving you?" He fretted.

"Dude, you know the girl Tara? You've met her a couple times."

"Yeah?"

Jake explained. "I've been talking to her recently, and we planned to go on date. I just wanted Y/N's advice on how to approach Tara. Plus, Tara and Y/N are friends, so she's been putting a good word in for me. That's why she's been over every day. I'm going out with Tara this weekend, bro."

"Oh..." Colby exhaled.

"Did you think I was inviting Y/N over because... I like her?" Jake guessed.

Colby stayed silent. I could feel the awkward tension coming off of Colby, making my skin tingle in anxiety.

"Dude, if we're being honest here... maybe you should just tell Y/N you like her." He added.

My heart skipped a beat from Jake's words. Colby likes me?

"Who says I like her?" Colby stammered.

"If you don't like her, why'd you ask me and her hanging out then?" I could hear the smirk in Jake's voice.

I exhaled, finally stepping out of the bathroom. I didn't want to hear Colby confirm or deny how he felt about me.

I don't think I could have handled that.

/  /  /

After that incident with Colby, I decided to avoid him for a bit. I wasn't sure how I even felt about Colby. The idea of him liking me left me feeling... light. And airy. But I don't know why. Why did I feel that way?

Did I like Colby too? Did I have feelings for him all this time and didn't realize it?

Maybe I did. I wasn't sure. Our relationship was always a bit different than the rest of the friend group's. We always teased each other, were super sarcastic with one another, and bickered "like an old married couple", according to Sam.

Holy shit, maybe I did like him...

I rolled my eyes and sighed, turning over in my bed.

I had thought about asking him, just heading up to his apartment (the one benefit of living in the same complex as Sam, Colby, and Jake) and asking him head on. However, I'm not that type of person. I'm not forward about feelings. I never have been.

Besides, I don't even know what my feelings are.

I could hear knocks come from my front door. I cocked my head, getting up out of bed and heading into my living room. Walking up to my door, I peeked through the peephole.

I opened my door as I felt my heart start pounding in my chest.

Colby Brock. In front of me.

"Hey. Hate to bother you so early, but can I talk to you?" Colby asked, his eyes staring into mine.

I nodded my head, moving out of the way to let him in.

I crossed my arms as Colby started to pace around my living room. "So, I have to tell you something."

"Okay." I mumbled.

"I just wanted to say that I know you've been ignoring me. And I think it's because of what I said at Jake's the other day." Colby admitted.

"What did you say?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That it seemed like you and Jake were... together. Even though now I know that's not the case." He recalled, continuing. "I shouldn't have assumed. I'm sorry about that."

"Why'd you assume we were together in the first place?" I asked.

"Because that's what happens when you get jealous." He blurted out.

I froze. "Jealous?"

"Yes. I hate even admitting I was... jealous of the two of you hanging out, but I was." He grumbled, looking down at my floor.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because I-"

He paused and stared at me. His eyes were dark and intense. I could feel my body heat up. I forced myself to look away. He marched up to me, cupping my face hastily and pulling my lips onto his. The passionate kiss left me breathless as he pulled away too soon.

"Because I like you."