Save You Tonight

“IIIII I WANNA SAVE YOUR I WANNA SAVE YOUR HEART TONIIIIIIGHT HE’LL ONLY—“

“Harry, turn it off!!”

“YOU TORN APART OH!”

“Harry, turn the damn music off!!!!”

“Lou, calm down!”

“I CAN BE NO SUPERMAN, BUT FOR YOU I’LL BE—“

“AHH THAT’S IT!!!!”

Zayn walked into the room to see Lou tackling Harry to the floor as music blared from the speaker sets.

“Vas happenin’?” he asked confusedly, looking at a pissed Liam, a scared Harry, and an enraged Louis.

“He wouldn’t stop playing the music!” Lou snapped, glaring at the curly-haired boy.

“You could’ve asked nicely!”

“Well I didn’t!”

“Sucks for you!”

“WHO PLAYS MUSICS AT 3AM?!?!?!”

At this point, Liam was ready to explode.

“LADS!!!!! Calm down!” he yelled, narrowing his eyes.

The two boys stopped arguing and shrank back as the wrath of Daddy Direction filled the room.

“Harry, you shouldn’t have been playing music at this hour. Louis, ask nicely next time. Zayn…where is my chocolate?” 

“Oh snap! I think Niall stole it!” the Bradford boy frowned, patting his pockets.

Louis and Harry felt very bad for Niall, and as Liam left the room they began to argue again. Zayn heaved a sigh and ran a hand through his soft black hair, thinking.

As the five ninjas that protected the city, it was hard work providing money for food and to pay rent. The five had rented two rooms—Zayn, Niall, and Liam shared one, Harry and Lou the other. The landlord was a man named Paul, who was very strict about the payment, and would kick them out if it was one minute late.

“Hey Niall!” Zayn called, stepping into the hallway and looking around.

“Yeah mate?” the blonde whispered suddenly, poking his head from next-door making Zayn jump.

“Don’t scare me like that! And by the way, Li is on the warpath…” with a wink, Niall crept out into the hall and motioned for Zayn to follow.

They both peered over the edge; which was a 5-foot drop straight down to the cold stone floor, to see a confused Liam, turning in circles, apparently looking for something—or someone.

“If he finds you, mate, I would run!” Zayn advised, smirking as Niall paled.

“I have a plan.” And with that, the Irish boy swung himself over the railing and jumped.

“Oh…” Zayn bit his lip as he watched a flailing Niall slam into Liam, hwo yelped and toppled over.

“NIALL!!”

“AHH!”

“What are you boys doing up so early, disturbing the peace?!?!?!"

“RUN LI!!”

“COME BACK HERE YOU PESKY CHILDREN!!”

“NIALL HURRY!!”

Zayn groaned loudly; this was gonna be a long sunrise.

~~~two hours later~~~

“So, let me get this straight…Niall jumped onto Liam’s back, Zayn facepalmed, and now we owe double rent?” Lou asked with an annoyed expression.

“Yup!” Niall grinned at him, but Harry just sighed.

“Nialler, we all love you, but you need to act more mature. We all have to work double shifts at our jobs now…” Harry said.

Niall’s blue eyes dimmed and he hung his head.

“Leave him alone! It’s not his fault he likes to have fun!” shocked, Harry looked at Liam, brown eyes widening.

“Li…?” Louis was surprised at his outburst. Usually, Liam was quite serious.

“Just…ugh.” Liam stood suddenly and stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

“What is up with him?” Zayn asked, eyebrows scrunched together.

Niall looked even sadder, and Zayn ruffled his hair.

“I dunno, lads, but we better go off to bed. It’s late and we need out rest for tomorrow.” Louis sighed, and Harry nodded.

“Night!” Zayn and Niall both called, waving, and quietly opened the door.

Liam appeared to be asleep, sprawled out on his bed, blankets carelessly thrown onto the floor, but Niall could tell he was faking.

“I’m going to change. Talk to him Niall!” Zayn called over his shoulder as he disappeared into the bathroom.

Niall chewed on his bottom lip, knowing he wasn’t good at things like this, and sat gingerly on the edge of Liam’s bed.

“Li? Its Niall…please say something.”

Liam, as he was awake, held back words he had been wanting to say to the blonde for ages, and blinked back tears at the sadness in Niall’s voice.

“Well…good night.” Liam heard the creak of the bed as Niall shifted his weight and slowly stood up. The blonde slipped onto his bed, waiting for Zayn.

Suddenly, the said boy flung open the door and demanded, “Alright! Which one of you stole my hair gel?!?!”