Chapter 2

Mikasa POV

I'm Mikasa Ackerman, I'm the adopted child in the Yeager family. When I was 9, my parents were murdered in front of me. After that, the Yeager's took me in as one of their own.

I'm going into grade 9, I'm a little nervous but I won't show it. I've blocked out my emotions since I was 9 and protected the ones I care about.

Tomorrow I start grade 9 and I'm kind of scared. Eren and Armin are pretty excited, well Eren is pretty excited.

I'm trying to calm my nerves by reading my favorite book, Attack on Titan. I love the plot, the only thing that's creepy about it is the characters. The main characters are my friends, there's also this really cute blond in the book named, Annie. I wonder if I'll meet her in real life?

"Mikasa dear, are you coming down for lunch?" I heard Carla, Eren's mom, say.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I stretch my arms and place my marker in the book so I don't lose my page.

--Time skip to the next day--

My alarm went off at 6 o'clock, I am not ready for school. I turned off my alarm and grabbed some clothes to take a shower. After my shower, I attempted to wake up Eren, he just rolled out of his bed and fell back asleep.

I gave up trying to wake him up, I went downstairs and had a bowl of cereal while scrolling through Instagram. Once I finished my breakfast, I put my bowl in the sink and heard the shower start.

"About time," I said to no one specific. I finished getting my stuff together for school when I heard the front doorbell ring. When I opened the door, Armin was there.

"Hey Armin, come on in." I opened the door to let him in and closing it behind him. "He just got in the shower."

"Of course." We waited about 20 minutes before Eren ran down the stairs.

"Finally," I said, standing up. "Can we get a move on? I need my coffee." I heard Armin laugh behind me.

I opened the door and closed it behind me when everyone was out of the house. After I locked it, we started our way towards the cafe that was near the school, Titan cafe.

On our way to the cafe, I saw a girl on her skateboard riding in the same direction as us. I wonder if she's going to the cafe too? I thought. As we entered the cafe, the girl with the skateboard was ordering her drink. I was able to catch a name before she walked away from the counter.

"And can I get a name, please?" The lady at the counter said.

"uh, Annie."

She walked away to wait with the rest of the crowd waiting for their coffees. Annie. I thought to myself. It suits her.

"Hey, Mikasa, what do you want to drink?" Armin said, walking up to the lady at the counter. That seemed to get the small blonde's attention.

"I'll just have my usual. Thanks, Armin." He gave me a small smile before turning to the lady to order.

While we were all waiting for our drinks, I heard someone say "Annie!". I don't know why that made my head turn, any other name I would've ignored. I got so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear Armin calling my name, repeatedly.

"-Kasa! Mikasa!"

"What? Sorry, Armin, I must have zoned out. What were you saying?" He sighed, handing me my drink.

"I wasn't saying anything. I was just trying to give you your drink."

"Yeah Mikasa, are Ok? you're usually so focused but you seem distracted today." Eren said, placing a hand on my shoulder.