Chapter 2: Meeting the Goblins

Start from the beginning

"It's only a possibility, but..." the slime started. Veldora looked at him expectantly. "She says if we can analyze the [Unlimited Imprisonment] from both inside and out we might be able to remove it." Both Veldora and the female ogre looked interested in this new information.

"Wait, but... I can't analyze it from the inside. My skills are sealed along with me, so I can't use them," Veldora revealed.

"IF you can just give me the data, I can analyze it out here." the slime offered. The female ogre was looking mildly impressed with this slime's skill and it's ability to problem solve.

"But that could take some time," Veldora stated. "Are you sure you want to stay in here that long?"

He blushed slightly and leaned back, shy as he said his next words.

"W-Well, not that I mind, but..."

"Good point..." The slime trailed off. "Since I'm here, I'd like to search for others from my homeland." He seemed to state it with no regard to how badly Veldora wanted the slime to stay.

"I see..." The dragon replied, hie voice holding obvious disappointment that the slime was more than eager to leave.

"So here's a suggestion..." the slime stared down the dragon. "Want to get in my stomach?"

Both the female ogre and Veldora stared at the small blue slime, as if not believing what they just heard. The slime stared back at Veldora and silence rang through the cave.

"I'll use my skills, [Great Sage] and [Predator] to analyze [Unlimited Imprisonment] while you try to destroy it from the inside. You'll be quarantined in my stomach, so you won't disappear. What do you say?" it proposed.

After a couple seconds more of silence, the sound of light laughter filled the cave. It sounded like windchimes on a breezy day, or soft bells ringing. It took a second for the slime to realize that it was the female ogre who was laughing. Both Veldora and the slime stared mesmorized.

"He makes a good point, Veldora. My [Unrivaled Strategy] sees nothing wrong with his proposal." Her tone, while usually deadpan, held amusement. "I'm impressed, small slime."

It took Veldora a few seconds to shake himself out of the daze from her laughter. He had heard it once or twice before, but the sound of her laughter seemed to always entrance him.

He then started laughing, his laugh getting increasingly louder as he continued.

"That sounds interesting! Please, do it!" Veldora roared out in excitement. "I'll entrust my entirety to you!"

"Are you sure you want to believe me that easily?" the slime asked surprised.

"Of course! It sounds more fun to break through [Unlimited Imprisonment] together than to wait here alone until you come back! Plus, if [Unrivaled Strategy] has not sensed a problem, it should work out!"

"Right..." the small slime trailed off. "Sounds great!"

"O-okay, I'll use [Predator] to -"

"W-Wait a moment!" Veldora interrupted. "Before we start, I'll give you a name." The female ogre's eyes widened in surprise. To be given a name was such a huge honor. "You can give me one, too."

"Huh?"

"It will engrave onto our souls the fact that we are equals," Veldora explained. "It'll be what humans call a 'family name,' but the name I give you will grant you divine protection. You are still nameless, so you'll become a monster with a name."