Illusions

*Ayesha's point of view*

I was dragged along the cold corridors. I had never been to this part of the Hydra base before, at least I didn't think I had.

I'm so confused.

Whatever that person injected into my arm was distorting my perception on things. It was weird. I tried focusing on something else, to get my mind off it. Loki was the only one I could picture. Still we were yet to be reunited but I had a feeling it was going to be soon given how harshly I was being ushered by the Hydra agents. None of this felt right at all.

What if Loki's gone? And this some sort of trick?

No. He would never do that to me. Not Loki.

Loki never lies to me.

I had persuaded myself to agree with my opinion, trusting Loki more than anything else in the world. He had never let me down before and I knew he wouldn't start now.

But what was so special about that sceptre anyway? Did it give him a route to return to Asgard? I had a strange feeling Loki may have been harbouring a darker intent for it's use. Regardless of the questions I had, there was a strong need in my heart to be reunited with him. No matter how many times he refused to accept it, or insisted there was no need, I always worried about him if we weren't in each other's company. That's what friends are for, looking out for each other. Best friends stick it out even if it seems the world is against them, the difficulty of it never came into question. My intention was to always be there for Loki, he was so lonely. I could see that every time I looked into his eyes. Like something had been ripped out of him. Nobody ever deserved to be alone, including Loki.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when I finally arrived in the room where Steve stood proudly with smirk while Loki...

No.

Loki.

There, in a glass cage and tied up in chains, with eyes hollow and pained. He looked so weak and vulnerable.

I'm sorry

I thought to him, waiting for a response. One I doubted whether or not I'd receive. Worried that he blamed me, my eyes drifted from his frail sight. I didn't have the courage to look at him.

*Loki's Point of View*

I listened to the Midgardian's words, my mind attempting to decipher the truth of the assumed legend he was informing me of. Anger and betrayal raged in me that Odin and even Frigga had kept more secrets from me. dear Frigga, the one person who I trusted in the nine realms before I met Ayesha. The details of my origins were still a mystery to my knowledge. Granted, I was aware I was the only offspring of Laufey, abandoned due to my size, unusual for a Frost Giant. But what of Laufey's Queen, my birth mother? These thoughts never crossed my mind before. However it was worth pondering on. Who was my birth mother? The identity of the dead Frost Giant King's spouse, the Jotun who bore me, was unknown to anyone outside the realm of Jotunheim. What came of her after the war and I was taken by Odin to raised as his son? It went against me to admit it but truthfully I would have liked to have met her or at the very least know who she was. I kept this to myself, no other needed to know. Was my mother even alive?

Now is not the time to be thinking of such things.

It is of no importance.

Why was I pondering on the matter of my mother all of a sudden? What mattered now was finding my way out of Midgard and take Ayesha with me. And now that I had found the sceptre granted to me during my initial exile from Asgard, it was easier to carry out my plan.