Once I was finished, I turned back around and he was looking at the ceiling.

I coughed awkwardly, and he looked at me. "Let's go" he said, and stood up from my bed. I also noticed he didn't carry a backpack. He just carried everything.

I nodded, and he started to head towards the window.

"We can just go through my front door" I said, in a duh way.

"But your parents will see me. They'll wonder where I came from " he said, and hopped out the window before I could say anything.

I groaned and went through my front door, and he was already at the door waiting for me.

He had the knife in his hand. "What do you need that for?" I asked.

"In case someone tries to take you away from me." He said, and patted my shoulder, I felt his cold hand through the material of my shirt making me shiver.

-

We arrived at school, and Sam quickly put the knife away.

I tried walking ahead of him, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward him again.

We made it into school, and I told him I had to use the restroom and that he should go ahead and go to class without me. I needed a break from him.

He told me he had to use it too, and I groaned.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Are you hurt?" He asked again.

I shook my head. "No, someone i just annoying me" I mumbled.

"Who? I'll kill em" he asked, and reached for his pocket.

"No one" I said, and walked into a stall.

I sat in there, taking deep breaths. Pretty soon the bell rang.

"Hurry up, I wanna walk to class with you" I heard Sam say impatiently.

"Just go without me," I said.

"No. I want you with me" he said.

Bad, bad news, one of  us is gonna lose.

"Just go!" I snapped, and regretted it as soon as it came out.