//Chapter One// - Thoughtless

{Beginning Note}
Here we are, a brand new book brought to you by a poll I posted on my BNHA Amino. I had an idea for every character I put in my poll, but once Eijiro won, I was laying down and my idea immediately changed, and I started this book early before I lost it. I'm currently on vacation in Orlando right now, and I was bored at my hotel, so.. here you go, ha. New book dedicated to Eijiro, a literal sun.
———————————

Chapter One - Thoughtless

"Eh, maybe. I guess that could be a possibility. But your Quirk is so useful, (Y/n)! I'm sure that they'll let you in as a student in the Hero Course, they've gotta!"

"Psh, you think so? I don't know about the Hero Course, but I suppose General Studies or the Support Course would also be a fitting match. I applied for Support as well as Hero, so I guess only time will tell, and until our results come in from that entrance exam, we'll just have to wait."

It was a refreshing afternoon, a nice amount of setting sun with a complimentary breeze bustling by, brushing through both of yours' hair and causing it to sway. The both you were enjoying a soundly walk home after a disastrous day at school. There had been an argument between two students, a girl named Mina Ashido and another boy you didn't know all too well. You two had stood clear of it, but the drama was everywhere, sharing videos and pictures. The Principal even had to visit every separate class during fifth period to give lectures to everyone. It was pure, utter havoc.

The onyx-haired boy next to you ran a tired hand through his hair as he closed his eyes, the tapping of his shoes almost in-step with yours. "You were in the hallway when everything happened, yeah?" He quizzed, furrowing a brow in testament.

You nodded with a huff of your breath, craning your neck downward as your chin met your collarbone. "Yeah. I was headed to fourth after lunch and almost got caught right in the middle of it," you held an melodramatic face as you gestured to your broken backpack strap by your side, having to hold your bag with your other hand. "Thanks to Mina's Quirk, I need a new bag, too." You whined, pouting your lower lip.

Eijiro chuckled a bit, glancing down at you with a slanted grin. He knew your family probably wouldn't be able to afford a new bag anytime soon, so you'd most likely go home, sew a few things and improvise. "Yeah.. just be glad it wasn't your arm, instead." He joked, lightly punching the side of your right shoulder. "Because you're gonna need that arm once we both make it into U.A. High!" He exclaimed cheerfully, clearly in attempt to brighten the atmosphere between the both of you.

Snickering, your couldn't help but roll your eyes at his thoughtless humor; though, you nonetheless appreciated it, as it always managed to make you feel better. "No kidding. Gee, now that I think about it, I almost died!" You retorted,
snarky.

Now taking his own turn to roll his eyes, Eijiro shook his head at your remark. "That might be an over exaggeration, I don't think that you would have died. Injured? Yes. But Ashido wouldn't have put out that much acid to kill anyone, even her own opponent." He hypothesized, considering he had known the pink-tinted girl better than you did.

You pursed your lips at the thought of actually having gotten hit by the girl's Quirk, shaking your head. "Yeah, yeah.. I know. Let me live a little, Kiri." You glowered, turning up your nose with testimony.

"Live? I thought you just said you could have died." He replied, a sly grin painting itself across his lips.

Churning your neck over to look at him, your (e/c) eyes met his ruby ones and felt your (h/c) hair shift a little in the breeze still being carried around you. "I did, smartass," you protested, sticking out your tongue and squinting to where your eyes had closed. "But you know better than to take my analogies seriously, you dope."

"Geez, geez, enough with the insults already," he laughed, flashing his sharp-toothed grin as he clasped a clenched hand over his heart. "You wound me, (Y/n)."

In attempt to wave him off, you held your hand up close to where his hand was and curled your fingers into a gun-shaped figure. "Bang, bang! You have, and officially," you peaked a sassy brow and held your hands over your hips. "Been wounded." You stated in a mocking tone.

"Ah!" He yelped, spinning on his heel and taking a step in the opposite direction of you, as there was a crossroads. "I don't know if I'll be able to make it back, I'm hit! Too much blood!" He cried, wiping a fake tear from under his eye.

Ignoring him, you just waved and walked backwards, being careful that your heel didn't catch onto the other and have yourself trip and fall; because believe it or not, that's usually how that motion went for you. "Bye, crybaby. See you tomorrow, regular time!" You called after him, flicking your wrist and sent him off on his own way.

The both of you lived in the same neighborhood, just different streets. And living so close to your school, you both would just meet right there at the crossroads and walk together to and from school. You had known him since the third grade, and both your parents were friends, so it only made sense. You both were rather insecure, so you had each other's backs; you were one another's pillar for support.

"See ya!" He waved his goodbye, before turning back around to face the street way and walked off, a gentle hop in his step as he was rather excited to check the mail once again for about the fifteenth time that week.

Your acceptance or denial letters for U.A. would be arriving sometime soon, and neither of you were in any mood to let the news wait. You didn't have your hopes up very high, as your Quirk wasn't really that of a top-notch Hero, so you were just hoping that you'd be lucky enough to at least make it into the Support Course, which was where you would prosper.

Heaving a weighted breath, you stepped up to your small, one-story house and reached a hand for the mailbox. You weren't expecting anything yet, but you might as well check, might be junk letters for your mother or misplaced mail for your neighbors.

So with your hopes at bay, your opened up the metal box door, and reached inside.
—————

{Ending Note}

Fun Fact: I literally wrote the entirety of this chapter waiting in line for a ride at Disney World, so.. there's that info. See y'all in the next chapter, m8.