Story Time

" Dad! Dad! Tell me the story about how you met Mum! "

    Frank sat on Newt's lap, beaming, eager to hear the story that he had already heard more than a hundred times. Tina sat beside them, stroking Newt's hair as she leaned her head against his shoulder. Newt smiled, somewhat mischievously, and asked,

" Do you want me to tell the story seriously, or exaggeratedly? "

" Dad! You ask every time! "

" Fine. "

Newt suddenly leaned in and whispered to Frank,

" It won't be my fault if your mummy gets angry afterward. "

They both laughed, but Tina scowled at the two, playfully.

" So, " she said " Are you telling the story or not? "

Newt grinned and muttered,

" Impatient much, " This time, Tina actually scowled at him, so he cleared his throat and spoke,

" I was sipping tea. Like I always do on my usual mornings. But, that day wasn't a usual morning. Why, you ask? "

" Because Dumbledore forced you to go to New York. "

" Yes. Very well, Frank. Now, I went to New York, and my pilfering pest of a Niffler decided to just... leave. And a muggle saw him, and another witch also saw him, and the next moment I was being arrested. By the witch. Oh, and the witch had a sister. "

" The muggle is Uncle Jacob, and the Witch is Mum. And the witch's sister is Aunt Queenie."

" Once again, very well. So, I was going to be arrested, but more stuff happened, then suddenly, I was helping her drag the muggle to her house. She was cursing the whole way."

This time Tina cut in.

" Newt. "

" Then I was kidnapped. "

" Newt! "

" I was even forced to sleep in a bed with my coat on! "

" NEWT. "

" Then... "

Newt said with a smile,

" We got married. "

" Newt, that's not even a quarter of what happened. "

Frank clapped his hands happily, he could listen to this story all day long.  Newt ruffled the boy's head and said,

" That's the story of me and mum. I think it's off to bed with you. "

Frank didn't even complain. Once his Dad told that story, he was sure he could go to sleep anywhere at any time. Already half asleep, he smiled at his father and hugged him.

" Goodnight, Dad. "

Tina had been listening to the whole story with a hard face, but her gaze softened as Frank reached over to hug her as well. She kissed him on the head and murmured,

" Goodnight, Frank. "

He nodded in response, then waddled to his room. As soon as he was out of sight, Tina punched Newt in the arm. Newt winced and rubbed his arm, but he was used to it because the same thing happened every night. She had her arms crossed, and she looked the other way, purposely not facing Newt, just to look mad. Newt wrapped his arms around her waist and murmured,

" You know I care more about our story, love. "

He knew she was blushing even when she was looking away because her ears turned red.

" You're blushing, "

He remarked. Tina blushed even more, then covered her ears. Newt put his hands on hers, and slowly pulled them down.

" Don't hide it. I think its cu- "

He was cut off with arms wrapping his waist.

Merlin, he loved this woman. Yes, he knew that she could kill him with her bare hands, but that was what made him feel special. When a woman you knew could kill you without even trying hugs you and shows weak spots to you, purposely... You feel special.

Tina leaned her head against his chest and murmured.

" I'm tired "

First, Newt was surprised.

"  Tina Scamander, tired?  Even after all of that coffee, Tina Scamander, tired? "

Tina rolled her eyes, and he laughed softly, then rested his chin on her head.

" Care for a story? "

he said lovingly.

Tina blushed once more. Sometimes, without realizing, there were times when Newts voice became husky. And for some reason, she thought it was... nice. It was a rare side of his voice that she got to hear.

" ...Sure. "

" Well, then... "

He started slowly,

" Once there was a man, who still didn't quite understand love. He was lost. He didn't quite know what to do. One day he decided to travel the world to look for love. He found many creatures that he did in fact love very much, and he was sure they loved him back, but the love he hoped for was different. The love he hope for was special.  In his eyes, at least. " 

" On one of his travels, he lost one of his dear creatures... A Thunderbird. The man had been broken before, and he thought that without his Thunderbird he would break again, but instead, he was mended. Before he lost his first, he had found another Thunderbird. The strongest, cleverest, and most beautiful he had ever met... You. "

Newt closed his eyes, and a soft smile played on his lips.

" We went through many obstacles. But we helped each other break them down. We inspired each other. We loved each other. We learned to love... differently. And you... You even gave me a son. You blessed me with yourself, then with Frank. "

He opened his eyes, then murmured the rest of his story,

" The man was given the honor to name his son. He named his son after his first Thunderbird. Now with two Thunderbirds, the man was more than full. He knew, that like his first, when the day comes for his two Thunderbirds to take flight... They would live in his heart. Forever. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

* sighs * Yeah. I know. It's cheesy. Eat some pizza.

I feel guilty. I feel like I'm quitting on my other Story.  But I still feel like One-Shots will be better for me because I come up with all of these ideas, then I forget about them. Then... I start raging.

Meh.

Random stuff corner!

1. I've watched the first Fantastic Beasts five times, and the second one twice. Yay.

2. I don't understand why I feel hungry because I literally ate an hour ago.

3. I'm watching a commercial and these people are driving this really garbaged car.

4. Now I'm watching this commercial when this "new" M&M gets eaten by M&Ms. Cannibalism.

The End. I hope you enjoyed.