Newt thought for a moment, before asking. "What do you suggest we do?"

Gally let the hands he had in the air drop. "He has to be punished."
The room burst into protests.

"Minho." Newt adressed, gathering everyones attention, "Ale, you two were there with him, what do you think?" Minho sighed.

I glanced up at him, before gesturing for him to come down to my level, bowing his head he let me whisper my thoughts.
"What're you thinking, Runner?"

He whispered back " uh huh. Might as well, now we know he can do it."

"True, he can take my spot. I wont be running for a while."

We both nodded before Minho straighened up.

"I think," he began "in all the time we've been here, no ones ever killed a Griever before.
When I turned tail and ran, this dumb shank," he pointed to Thomas, "stayed behind to help Alby.
Look I don't know if he's brave... or stupid. Whatever it is we need more of it."

Minho glanced to me, allowing me to say the million dollar line.

Everyone's attention went from Minho to me. I straightened up in my chair, wincing but carrying on. "I say, let's make him a Runner.

Immediately the room was filled with distinct chatter. Along with Chuck chanting 'Thomas'. Newt smirked at Minho, widening when he lay eyes on me. I sent him the same sort of smirk back, shifting in my chair.

Gally shut the room up in an instant, "if you want to throw the Newbie a parade, Ok Fine. Go ahead. But if there is one thing that I know about the Maze," he was yelling now, "is that you do not..." he cut off from his speech by the grinding of stone and the wailing of a siren.
I was confused, because instantly it was familiar, but I wasn't expecting it at this time.

Newt and Gally rushed out first, Minho helped me up and out to check out what was happening. We stopped outside between Thomas and Chuck.
"Wait I know that sound." Thomas thought out loud.

"It's the box." Chuck stated, "It's coming back up."

I insisted that I could make my own way over but Minho quickly shut me down, steadily making our way over.

As soon as we got there, Newt hopped into the box.

"Newt what do you see?" One boy asked.

Newt looked around at everyone surrounding the box

"It a girl." He declared. I frowned, hoping I'd misheard him.

"What's in her hand." Im surprised we even know what a girl looks like, after nearly four years of not seeing one.

Newt bent down to grab whatever the girl had in her hands, unfolding it he read out,
She's the last one. EVER.

Well that's not ominous or conspicuous. At all. Sarcasm.

"What the hell does that mean?" Before any theories or answers could be given, the girl gasped awake, causing Newt to jump back.

She began heaving, her bright blue eyes staring up at the sky, stating one word before her eyes shut and she passed again. She said, "Thomas".

Every head that was current and present turned to where Thomas was. After a beat of silence, Gally voiced his thoughts.

"Still think I'm over reacting?"

I scoffed at his smugness.
"Oh shut up you great shank." I spat before I even knew what I had said.

Laughter chorused over the group before it became silent again. Thomas glanced down to the unconscious girl. She was naturally pale, contrasting to her dark black hair, and to say she was quite beautiful wouldn't be a lie.

Newt got out of the box to allow room for people to get the girl out of it. Then he took Ale from Minho, helping him over to the Med-Jack shack setting him in one of the back rooms away from Alby and where the girl would be placed.

"I'll be back, I need to sort the situation out. I'll send Clint or Jeff in." He stated, smiling. Ale smiled back nodding before Newt pecked him on the lips and left.

Soon Jeff entered the shack.
"One hell of a day you been having." He said, sort of startling me.

"Hell of a week really. Wouldn't be lying if I said it wasn't my worst."

Jeff chuckled. "So what happened?"

"Got my stomach sliced open by one of the legs of that thing."

"Ouch." Jeff commented.

Jeff said that it'd need stitches, luckily both he and Clint were experts after the slicers' accidents. He brought Clint in to help as well. But thank god it was do-able.

They also said it was gonna hurt to hell and back.

But with help from Newt, who joined us half way through, it was over and done with and all bandaged up.

Minho had visited, asking if I'd go back into the maze in abit. I wanted to go, honestly and if Newt wasn't here it'd probably be the stupid thing I'd do, but since Newt was here, he had said, "absolutely not." Then, naturally, I passed out.

Newt had stayed with me until he needed to go off and do second-in-command things.

Slowly flittering my eyes open, I woke up to a ruckus of noise close by.

Sitting up, I swung my legs over the edge, careful not to rip any stitches.

I watched in confusion as most of the Gladers gathered around the look out post.
I speed walked over to Newt and Gally.

"What's going on?" I asked to either of them.

"The shuckface just woke up and started throwing things at us!" Gally yelled angrily.

I glanced at Newt for a translation, he was holding a wooden pallet above his head.
"The girl woke up, freaked out, and make her way up there, wh-..."

Newt was cuf off by my tone of voice, "ouch!" A bunch of grapes had hit me in the back of the head.

"Rude!" I yelled up, rubbing my head carefully and taking cover under Newt's pallet.

Clint and Jeff went to get Thomas and Minho, as soon as they joined, they tried to calm her down.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt stated.

"We just want to talk!" Thomas yelled up. After another was thrown, he tried bellowing, "it's Thomas, it's Thomas!" Immediately, the girl stopped. She peeked her head over the edge almost comically.

"Im gonna come up okay?" Thomas said gently up to her. The girls head moved away again, like something you'd see in an animated show or something.
"Just me." He said, not noticing Gally's look of disgust.

Minho smirked as Thomas made his way up.
"Don't see that everyday." I commented. Minho chuckled, shaking his head.
"No you don't."

Immediately I felt a whack against the back of my head. It was Jeff, with Newt standing next to him.

"You're supposed to be resting." Newt scolded.

"What if you break your stitches hm?" Jeff sassed.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I replied heading back to the Shack to rest as I had been advised.

Jeff and Newt shared a look that included an eyeroll.

As soon as I reached the hut, I carefully lowered myself onto my bed.  Then, naturally, I black out asleep again.