Chapter 1

You were an orphan, sitting in an old, warn down apartment that no one was currently living in. You were in the almost destroyed area that was the kitchen, eating a piece of fruit you had just begged for from a person at the stands.

After taking another bite, you felt harsh pressure on your lower arm and dropped your fruit, letting it fall onto the table in front of you. You looked at your arm and scratched where it had hurt.

Seeing nothing, you picked up your fruit and began eating it again. Then, you felt the pressure once again, but not as harsh this time. You looked at your arm and saw a mark.

Your eyes widen in disbelief as you saw the mark on your arm

Your eyes widen in disbelief as you saw the mark on your arm. "Is that a soulmark?" You asked yourself.

You smiled at the thought of gaining a soulmate. Then you grew curious about facts behind them.

You got up and walked out of the apartment and back onto the streets. You asked a few nice people about soulmates and marks, first going to one of your grown up friends who you hung out with sometimes. She had shown you her mark before.

"Hi, miss!" You called. The woman saw you and smiled, "Hello, Y/N. What can I do you for?" You smiled and asked, "What do you know about soulmarks and mates?"

The woman smiled and pulled up the sleeve to her coat to show her wrist, showing her soulmark. She spoke, "Well, sometimes, as far as I've heard from people who have experienced this, they aren't true marks. See, the soulmarks are tricky that way. They'll sometimes choose the mark of someone else and wait to see if the people who are claimed to be soulmates will soon see the truth. If that is the case, and they do find out, the mark will reveal the true mates. If the two never find the truth, the mark disappears and they never find their true mate."

Your smile began to fade as you said, "Then what if my mark isn't true? What if I don't find my mate? What if-"

"Child, don't worry. You see over there?" She pointed to one of the people at the stands, selling fruit. "That's my soulmate." You said back, "That's the man who gave me fruit today." She smiled, "Yes, he's kind like that. Run along then. You don't wanna be talking to an old woman like me."

You smiled and thanked her before running to the little playground in the small city of Sokovia. As you stepped onto the playground, you grabbed your head, feeling a sharp pain for just a moment before it swiftly went away.

You let go of your head, panting slightly. Then suddenly an image popped into your head. You were confused on why the image was there. You ran back to the woman and asked, "Miss?"

She saw you and laughed, "Back all ready?" You asked, "What else happens when you get your soulmate's mark?" She thought for a moment before saying, "Oh, yes. I forgot. Your soulmark will show itself, showing you what it looks like so if you meet your mate, you'll know what your mark looks like. Now why are you asking all these questions about soulmates?"

You pulled up your sleeve to show your lower arm and showed her the mark thay just appeared on your arm. She gasped before saying, "Oh, that's wonderful, child! You have yourself a soulmate!"

You smiled and she told you to run off again. You went back to the playground and just sat on the sidewalk.

You pulled up your sleeve and looked at your soulmark for a while.

TIME SKIP

You had decided to join HYDRA to help get rid of Sokovia's strife. You agreed to go through the experiments they were holding, thus meeting the Maximoff Twins. The first time you saw them, you felt yourself being drawn to them.

You walked over to them and greeted a shy 'hello', the girl was hesitant at first but the guy was instantly in flirt mode.

You smiled as he used one of his pick up lines, "Hello, beautiful. Do you have a name, or can I call you mine?" You giggled to yourself as you said, "The name's Y/N. Y/N  L/N."

You held your hand for him to shake and he grabbed it and kissed the back of it. He said, "I'm Maximoff. Pietro Maximoff." You laughed again as you blushed ever so slightly and your heart thumped in your chest.

You turned to his sister and saw her face properly for the first time. Your breath was taken away by how beautiful she was.

You gave her a warm smiled and said, "Hi... I'm... You probably already know my name, huh?" You chuckled nervously. She gave you a small smile and shook your hand, "Wanda. It's nice to meet you."

You finally realized your mark was itching like crazy. You began to scratch it, trying to get it to stop itching. You then caught sight of Pietro scratching his bicep.

"Are you okay, Pietro?" Wanda asked. He said, "Yeah, just itches." Wanda asked, "Your mark?" You furrowed your brow. "Your mark?"

He nodded, "Yeah, my soulmark. It's really itchy." You told him, "Mine is itching too." Pietro asked, "May I see it, perhaps?"

You nodded, "Yeah..." You pulled up your sleeve and showed him your mark. His eyes fell on it and he smiled a little. He then pulled up the sleeve to his shirt as well, showing you the mark that was placed on his bicep.

You smiled, "That's my mark

You smiled, "That's my mark..." He added, "And that's mine." You both smiled at each other and Wanda said, "Congrats, brother. You've found your soulmate."

After a moment, both your marks began to glow ever so slightly. The itch went away and you stopped scratching it.

You both hugged each other. "I'd love having a beautiful mate like you." You pulled away and before you could say anything a scientist walked into the room and said, "It's time."

All of your smiles faded as you remember what you came here for. Two more scientists stepped into the room.

You all looked at each other before going to a scientist. You waved to each and the scientist walked away.

You walked with your scientist. His name tag read 'Morgue'. You swallowed hard and looked forward.