14

Rufus Emeterio

9:10 a.m.

I run down the sidewalk rushing past people and buildings. I'm heading to this Lost Souls place or whatever the hell it's called. Then I realize. I don't know where it is.

I walk over to a guy on a bench reading a book.

"Yo man can you help me out?"

He looks up and cocks an eyebrow, "Didn't your mom teach you not to talk to strangers?"

"What're you gonna do? Kill me?"

He rolls his eyes, "What do you need?"

"Where the Lost Souls place?"

It's a few blocks away. About a ten minute walk. Right next to some coffee shop, Mocha something."

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

Ten minutes. I'm almost there. I start walking.

9:13 a.m.

I walk past some food truck and I stop to get some food cause I'm starving. I get a churro and a Pepsi.

9:17 a.m.

I'm almost there, I want to get Mateo something, but what. Maybe flowers? No, too cliche. Then I see a bookstore.

I decide to go inside despite the obvious hesitation.

I walk around between the aisles and shelves and decide on a book called "Aristotle And Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe." It looks like something Mateo would read. I grab the book, check it out and head out.

9:20 a.m.

I know I said I wouldn't but I couldn't help it, I got a small thing of flowers, nothing ridiculously big. There about six of them.

I can see the glowing neon sign of the Lost Souls Foundation.

Less than a minute walk now.

I walk up to the door and see Mateo inside talking to a lady at a desk. His back is tuned to the door.

I open it and the door chimes. The lady at the desk smiles and Mateo looks over his shoulder.