Chapter 15 (Shaliene's P.O.V.)

"Wow." Katie said.

"Okay, I was hoping for a different response, but that works." I said, not sure what to make of that.

"No, it I just can't believe it. My little Shaliene is getting married." She said fanning the fake tears in her eyes.

"Hahaha. Thanks Katie, you're a great comfort." I retorted.

"But 'Leney this is awesome." She said, as I cringed at the nick name I received as a child.

"You get to marry that gorgeous guy, and I get to be a bridesmaid." She fantasized.

"Who said you get to be in the wedding?" I said sarcastically.

"Well I'm obliviously your best friend." She said faking a hurt voice. It really lifted my spirits to know that even though my life was in shambles, and I would be married within 6 months, I had Katie standing behind me through it all.

"Thanks, Katie." I said, "Thanks for being there when I needed you."

"Girl, I will always be here, whatever you need. If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be there. If you need a friend to spill your guts to, I'll be there. If you need me for anything, I'll be there,  always...And if he hurts you or doesn't treat you like you deserve, he's going to have me to deal with." She said, on the verge of tears. Which caused me to start bawling again for the second time in the past 24 hours.

"Thank you, Katie. You don't know how much this means to me." I said through my tears. Katherine then reached over and hugged me.

"You're probably right, I don't know. But I do know that you'd do the same for me. You're more than just a friend you're like a sister," she said, and then changed her serious tone to a joking one, "and you know how much I've wanted one of those."

"You always seem to know what to say." I said as I attempted to wipe away the tears.

"That's what I'm here for." She said as she stood. "Hey, but I've got to go, I have an interview for a promotion at noon."

"Good luck." I hollered as she walked out the door toward her car.

"Text me later!" She yelled on her way out.

I am truly blessed, I thought as she walked out the door. Truly blessed to have friends like her.