My temper rises up. "Is there some reason you are bothering me?"

He seems to take a minute to think about his reply. "I wanted to offer you some choices."

"How kind of you."

"Where you're from princes save you all the time, but I'm afraid Mal was right about the Isle being the place where you wouldn't want to be alone. No one could save you here. So I offer two choices for you, yeah? ; follow me or we can go kicking and screaming," he threatens.

"And why would I want to go anywhere with you?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Ouch and here I thought I was handsome and charming enough to sweep anyone off their feet," he places a hand over where his heart is.

"How would I think you were handsome if I can't even see your face?" I play along.

"Touché," he whips his hat off with a flourish and bows deeply. When he rises back up, I feel like I have been punched in the gut. Bright blue eyes teasingly look back intl mine. "How about now?"

I remember who I'm dealing with and compose myself. "Still changes nothing."

But it really changes everything.

"I would love to stand here all day to sway your opinion, but you still have not chosen. If everything goes to plan, you most likely will see your friends again," he tries to persuade me.

"You're really willing to drag me away from here? Threaten my life?" I question him.

"Why not?" His smile is gone. Something tells me he is serious. I'm finally starting to see what everyone warned me about on this wretched island.

"Prick," I hiss at him.

"Time is ticking, love. Guards should be here any minute. They'll be easy to take out but why waste my precious time when I could just walk away with the treasure?" He lifts a hand towards me.

I check behind me, and sure enough, I see two guards in their royal blue and yellow uniforms walking towards the limo. I will probably regret this later, but I grab the stranger's hand.

"This doesn't change anything. I just don't want an innocent to get hurt," I declare.

Plus the fact that I might get some answers as to why I have been dreaming of this hot but extremely rude pirate would be great. I think to myself.

"At least you were smart enough to realize that they wouldn't  have won that battle. But whatever helps your conscious," he shrugs and leads me into the dark from where he had emerged just a few seconds ago.

The sounds of the guards searching for me echoes into the shadows. I glance back but the pirate tugs me further away into the darkness. His hand feels rough in mine but warm against the damp air. He winds us around so many twists and turns that I eventually get lost. While we run, he drags his hook across the walls. It screeches quietly, creating an eerie setting. At one point we slow down, at what I assume is his place, but find out it's a shortcut. He slides one of the building's windows open and motions for me enter.

"You want me to climb through that?" I give him a look.

"Would you quiet down? Yes I do. We gotta keep moving," he hisses.

"Why are we whispering? Everyone on this stupid island is at the announcement," I hiss back.

"That's what they want you to think. Come on," he reaches out for me as if to pick me up.

I slide out of his grasp but still feel where his fingers were sitting on my wasit. "Fine. I guess we are doing this. I can handle myself though."

I brush past him and hoist myself up as gracefully as I can in a dress. I slide through and drop down onto the concrete floor. I'm growing tired of the concrete slabs everywhere. Couldn't they at least decorate a bit? It couldn't be that hard. I turn back around to watch the pirate pull himself up easily. His eyes glow like a cat in the dark.