8.0

[name]'s POV:

Day two, here we go. 

Hitoshi and I arrived to the classroom with a lot less difficulty than yesterday. I learned that Hitoshi made a friend named Kaminari. He was the lightning bolt hair guy. 

We immediately went to our seats, to avoid human interaction at this time in the morning. Hitoshi turned around in his seat so we could talk for the ten minutes before Sho-chan arrived. 

We talked a bit about our schedule, the normal core classes in the mornings, like English. Then there's lunch in the main cafeteria. We planned on eating outside, like in junior high, just to keep old traditions going. And then, in the afternoon, there's Hero Basic Training. The best part. 

The morning classes dragged on, and it was finally time for lunch. Thank goodness.

I packed Hitoshi a bento box, like usual. He does owe me a bunch of food, and I will forever hold that over his head. I gave Sho-chan his this morning. 

We tried to make our way to the garden area place, but we got stopped by Kaminari, "Hey, Shinsou! Do you guys wanna come and sit at our table?"

Hitoshi and I made nervous eye contact, and being the awkward person he is, he said, "Uh, sure." He almost elbowed me in the face while rubbing the back of his neck.

Kaminari's eyes sparkled and said, "Great! Come on then, we have a good amount of seats saved."

We awkwardly trailed behind him like the awkward people we are. 

When we reached the table, Eijiro and Katsu-chan were sitting there. 

I smiled warmly, "Hi guys. Thanks for letting us sit at your table, this is Hitoshi Shinsou," I turned to Kaminari, "Nice to meet you, I'm [name] [fake last name]."

He winked at me and kissed my hand, "A pleasure, I'm Denki Kaminari. You can call me Denki, though, sweetheart."

The other boys at the table were fuming but hid it. 

"Uh, okay," I chuckled awkwardly and slid next to Hitoshi. Man, this guy really brings out the awkward in people, "You can call me [name], basically everybody does."

"Okay, you got it-" He got interrupted by Katsu-chan hitting him on the back of the head. 

I handed Hitoshi his lunch, wrapped in a cat covered handkerchief.

"Thanks [nickname]."

"Of course."

Eijirou started the conversation as we all dug in, "So, how long have you guys know each other?"

"Since first year in junior high. I was home schooled before then. Hitoshi was my first friend my age, actually."

"Nice. And are you guys dating?"

I didn't see the glares that were aimed at Eijirou, since I was busy choking on my food. 

"No, we aren't. Just besties for the resties, am I right, Hitoshi?"

"I'm regretting the life decisions that have brought me to this moment."

The others at the table watched us bicker.

We eventually settled into the rhythm of conversation with everybody at the table. I had a good time, sharing and listening to anecdotes about our life before UA.

The bell rang, signally the end of lunch. 

"I'm super excited for Hero Basic Training. This is going to be the best part about UA."