Chapter 6

((art project. all i'm gonna say on why this took so long. more details at the end.))

Chapter 6: A Fighting Chance

"To use my Persona...In reality?" I repeated, my eyes wide.

"Indeed, Trickster." Igor confirmed, placing the gun and tarot card in front of him while leaning his chin in the palm of his hand. I decided to take a closer look at the two items.

 I decided to take a closer look at the two items

The first one was the silver gun, the words "S.E.E.S" branded on the side of the gun's chamber. Looking at it, a strange feeling started to wash over me. It seemed to beckon me, giving me the sense of future liberation. It's like the euphoria I felt once I awakened Arsene for the first time.

 It's like the euphoria I felt once I awakened Arsene for the first time

The second was an arcana card of the Fool. It was very different than the Fool card Chihaya uses in her fortune telling, but it's still the Fool nonetheless. Both showed the beginning of a jester's journey with his loyal dog beside him, representing innocence and being the number zero of the Arcana's journey.

"But how will you do that? I thought the Metaverse is the only place Persona users can draw out their powers!" I brought up, somewhat skeptical. "The Persona is the manifestation of my willpower and rebellious spirit, so how would I be able to bring it to reality, where I'm completely helpless?"

"That is indeed true. That was also the case of our previous guests of the Velvet Room, albeit with slightly different circumstances." Igor suddenly noted. Different circumstances? I know that there were two people here before me, according to the book I signed before coming to the Empire, but how were their situations different? Didn't they travel in the Metaverse as well? Igor noticed my skeptical outlook, before his grin widened. "Do you remembered when your world fused with the Metaverse?"

"How could we forget..." Morgana muttered, crossing his small arms. Yeah, that was when Yaldabaoth attempted to recreate the world, fusing the Metaverse with reality to erase every human with a corrupted heart. He erased me and my friends too, thanks to the public no longer acknowledging us...I still find it disgusting.

"For that brief moment, you were able to use your Personas in the combined reality and Metaverse." Igor explained, drumming his fingers on his desk.

"Yeah, but the Metaverse isn't fused with reality in this world." I pointed out.

"Thankfully, the fusion has not occurred. However, this world's reality is so distorted with the corrupted hearts of every individual in this world that it's on the verge of fusing with the Metaverse, possibly bringing that evil god back to life." Igor reminded us.

"Even so, I'm not able to use my Persona in reality. I've tried, even after reawakening, but it's not possible." I crossed my arms.

"So why don't we change that?" Igor raised his bushy eyebrow, turning to the girl beside him. "Lavenza?"

"Master?" the platinum haired girl stood to attention, clutching the book titled "Le Grimoire" close to her body.

"I believe that it is time for a fusion." Igor smirked, lifting his hand as the gun and card floated in the air. Spectator, which was in his other hand, also floated next to the items, its metal eyelid suddenly opening to reveal the emerald green eye.

"Of course. I will need your help, my Trickster." Lavenza grabbed my hands, dragging me towards...the guillotines.

"Am I gonna be beheading something again?" I asked bluntly, my eyes dead. I hate doing this...I like fusion as much as the next guy, but the method is gross...

"No, but we will be needing the method of fusion to create your way of defense in reality." Lavenza explained. Lavenza suddenly closed her eyes, before being enveloped in white light. Closing my eyes and shielding them, I hissed in pain, opening them once the light faded away.

"Hey, Inmate! You gonna just stand there? Hurry up and help us!"

"Oh no, why'd it have to be you?" I murmured lightly, a slight teasing tone in my voice.