Chapter 2- Brian

I wanted to punch something. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! How could I be so stupid?
My hand had touched Roger's hand.
I knew he knew at this point. He had to. How could he not?
I'd been falling for Roger for about a month now. At first, I had no clue what was happening.
But after a few weeks, it made sense.
I tried to keep it under control by acting like he was stupid, which he was, at first. But it became too hard.
Lately, I'd been just avoiding him, but he must've figured it out because it wasn't normal.
I just didnt know how to control myself around him.
There was something about his angelic face. His sweet, puppy-like, sky blue eyes. His shaggy blond hair streaked with darker shades of the same hue.
I just wanted to kiss him all the time.
This was completely new to me and I just didnt know how to handle it.
I crept back into the pub and sat back down next to Freddie, far from Roger. I glanced at him and I knew he had noticed me come back in.
He quickly looked away and down at his lap.
I tried to focus on what was happening with the others. Freddie was surrounded by empty beer bottles, with John next to him quitely sipping his own beer in awe.
"Fred, slow down! Youll get sick!" I warned Freddie as he took another long swig of beer.
"I wont get sick, darling, I've had much more before," he told me calmly.
Fuck, I just wanted him to quit it. First of all, all that drinking was just awful for him but secondly, I wanted so badly to get out of that place, away from Roger. I was so embarrassed.
My stomach sank. We'd come in the same car. I couldn't leave. I cleared my throat.
"I'll drive back, then," I told them.
John looked at his watch.
"It's getting late, I've got to get home for dinner. We should get going," he said.
"All right, all right. One more darling!" Freddie called to the man behind the counter.
We walked back to the car, me keeping an at least six foot distance between myself and Roger.
I got in with, thank god, John sitting next to me and Freddie and Roger in the back.
I silently drove everyone back home, wondering why the hell I liked Roger so much.