Your Shine//NBASlumpgod

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm dancin'." He muttered, heart beating fast because he thought his dad would of been outside on the phone for a bit longer.

The man took his spot on the kitchen table, taking another swing of his ginger beer and tapped out some ash from his cigarette in the tray on the table, the whole time brown eyes looking at his six year old son in annoyance. "Well stop. Your fat ass looks stupid, tryin' to move your chubby ass legs like some bitch. Dumb ass."

His mother continued to stiffly work on dinner, back facing them. "Leave him alone Derrick. He ain't hurtin' no one."

"The boy can't do anythin' else? Outta all da tingz he like to do, why it gotta be dancin'? Batty bwoy. Shut up and finish makin' me dinner, it shoulda been done by the time I got home anyway." The older man sucked his teeth.

"Stupid woman. And this dancin' shit is gonna stop. Your gonna start playin' football, ya hear me?"

The smaller boy felt his throat tighten and Stokeley looked down at his feet, trying to keep himself from crying infront of the man, because he knew it would only get him beat. He didn't understand why his dad was so mean to him.

Why he constantly berated and made fun of him. Why he just couldn't let him be himself.

Stokeley didn't want to play football, he just wanted to dance.

What was wrong with that?

~

March 6, 2019

"Y'all look tow the fuck up! Practice just started and y'all niggas already breathin' all hard and shit. Start from the top, and if anyone fuck up, y'all all doin' twenty laps!"

There was a resounding echo of teeth smacking and sighs throughout the dance studio.

"Keep on, it's finna be thirty soon!"

"Stokeley fat ass probably finna mess us up, like always." A familiar voice muttered. Stokeley clenched his jaw, trying to ignore the man, but his best friend wasn't having none of it.

"Jay shut the fuck up, you wide mouth assed hoe, cuz yo dumbass most definitely was the one who forgot part of the routine last practice. Bitch." Jahseh snapped, sassily flipping his blue dreads over his shoulder. "You better stop talkin' bout my best friend like you crazy, before I fuckin' stab you in yo fuckin' eyeball."

"Suck my dick nigga, I said what the fuck I said." Jay rolled his eyes. "I'm just speakin' facts, you can't get mad that yo chunky, refridgerator built ass friend be fuckin' us up. Tell his big ass to keep up and maybe I won't say shit."

"Well call me Moto Moto cuz I like em big and chunky." Jarad muttered, and Stokeley rolled his eyes as the class snickered.

Jahseh held up a hand in Jarad's face. "Bye, cuz he doesn't like yo sad ass. ANYWAY, my bitch is cute, thick in all the right places, and got a extra bit to love on." And Stokeley let out a little surprised squeak as Jahseh came around to hug him, hands grabbing his love handles before trailing down and gripping hard at his ass.

"You see all this nigga? That's all his and he looks fuckin' good, so stop tryin' to play him."

"Again, just speakin' facts."

"You gotta help jog my memory, but you got jumped before, right? Face was all sliced up and yo ass was out?" Jahseh asked the man. "It would be a shame if it happened again now would it-"

"Say mane, are y'all done talkin'? We all know his shit fat, unless y'all finna scrap can we fuckin' continue? Y'all know y'all would not be doin' all this arguin' and shit if Ty was hea'." Stokeley blushed at the older man's words, ducking his head down a little as hazel eyes looked at him.