Seventeen

Stan sighed lightly to himself as he leaned against an arcade machine. It was out of order, one of Richie's favorites, but he barely noticed. He was just keeping an eye out for Bill, who should be arriving any minute now.

Stan stood with a blank expression, his eyes locked on the door, even from across the arcade. Kids a bit younger than him were a bit uncomfortable, picking up on his aura. He put off something negative, although none of them knew what. It only made them feel even more uneasy, so they stared sometimes. Stan noticed, glancing at the small children and plastering a fake smile onto his face. They just smiled timidly before taking off again, to find their parents.

Stan looked back up, catching sight of some familiar eyes, along with Bill's slightly red hair. But he wasn't in the doorway, and he wasn't visible for long. He was leaning around the edge of a machine but then hurried back when Stan caught his gaze.

Stan smirked to himself, starting to walk across the room, but stopped short when he saw Bill hurry back out the door. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and surprise then hurried to catch up. By the time he made his way out the door, Bill was already rushing to get on his bike, so Stan acted fast.

"Bill! I just want to talk, please!" he yelled after the older boy, who showed no signs of turning around. Stan hurried to his side, putting a hesitant but firm hand on Bill's bicep. Bill didn't move, other than to avert his gaze from Stan's soft eyes. Bill felt tears brim and threaten to spill, which Stan noticed as well.

"Wh-What do you w-w-want, S-Stan?" Bill asked slowly, his stutter worsening over his wavering voice. Stan sighed deeply but didn't dare to let go of Bill's arm.

"I want to talk. And ask you something," Stan offered, baiting the hook. Bill frowned for a minute more, but gave in, slowly turning to face his friend. He almost laughed, realizing that that's what they are again. Friends.

"Fine, ask," Bill complied, even with Richie's voice in his head, screaming at him to not buy into it. Bill couldn't help it. He loves Stan, even if Stan doesn't love him. He can't choose how he feels, or when to stop feeling. If he could, he would be over Stan and moving on to someone else. Unfazed by Stan's lack of interest, because he'd be occupied elsewhere. But it's not that easy, and it isn't his decision.

"Bill, I've been acting weird, I know. And I'll admit that it was because of El, but not because I wanted to be with her. It was just how gorgeous she is," Stan started to explain, obviously explaining it badly, according to Bill's offended expression. "Just listen, ok? She's gorgeous and funny and I faltered because I was unsure of what I wanted,"

"Do y-you know n-now?"

"I want you. I've always wanted you, Bill, I just faltered. There's no excuse, it just happened. But being without you has been the most painful experience of my entire life, and I need you in my life. I was so miserable without you-hell, I still am. I need you, Bill, please," Stan begged in a soft voice, earning a very conflicted facial expression in return.

Bill immediately had no idea what to do. His heart, his feelings and emotions, wanted nothing more than to reach forward and pull Stan into the biggest hug. He felt the urge to sob tears of joy and forgive Stan for everything. But his brain? His logic? They screamed at him, begging him to walk away. To protect himself from further destruction. So which does he choose? Or, more so, which one will win?

"And this time," Stan started to speak after a minute of silence, "it will be right,"

Stan slid his hand down Bill's arm until it found Bill's own palm. He laced their fingers together, looking deep into Bill's hazy eyes, not allowing him to look anywhere else. Bill was nervous, unsure of what to expect.

"Bill, I should've asked a year ago, but I was stupid. I was scared. But I'm not scared anymore, and I know what I want," as Stan spoke, Bill's breath caught in his throat. His chest tightened, and this time he couldn't hold back his tears. "I want you. All of you. Will you please be my boyfriend, and make me the happiest idiot in the whole world?"

Bill couldn't help it, he laughed. He laughed and he cried and he said yes. He nodded slowly, whispered his answer, then hugged Stan tight. He ignored the sinking feeling in his stomach, warning him that this was a very bad idea. He ignored it because he loves Stan. And love always seems to laugh in the face of logic.

~*~*~

Y'aaaaall !!
Reminder that Stan literally just got together with El, like an hour ago in story time.
Idk what I'm doing, but it's evil, so it's fun.
Sorry but like
I'm not sorry🤷🏻‍♀️