Sample

"Living without regrets is hard to do, but as you get older you will start to see what really matters and that is family. Family will have up and downs yes, but it makes us human."

Six months later...
Los Angles, California

Shaun

The guilt was eating at me daily as I remorse the fact that my son was no longer around to fully reconnect with me. A wonderful feeling reconnecting with my family only for me to be hiding a big secret from them. The fact that it has been almost six years that I have been reunited with my family, I realize that now is the time to start being honest with them about everything I was doing. As hard as it is, I knew it must be done. The truth comes to the light eventually so why not just get real with it. A past that was so dark and twisted had me wanting to be a better man for my family especially Nora.

Nora and I were both young when we had Cruz, and I knew she was the one for me when she was down to ride for me throughout everything we have been through. While being locked up, learning how to survive and fight became the normal thing to do. Handling shit on the outside while inside, being the person who I was truly was and known for, I gained respect from a lot of people. Hell, even some of them still communicated with me. Scorching hot at 119 degrees with a burning sensation crawled up my spine with each breath I blew out, I could feel the warm air hit as I made my way into my establishment, I had going for about four years and a half. This business was my baby, and it made me money since I have been out of jail.

Meeting up King., Javo, Meson, and the crew, I figured we would discuss connections and get everything out on the table about what was going to happen next. Vowing the day to seek revenge and do what was best for me my mind was at a state of diligent remorse as I reflected on everything. The thought of losing my son had me strongly prepared to place everything we had planned into play. Carefully pressing the code to the door to get it to open so we could start this move, I greeted every customer walking to the bar seeing Javo working hard.

Telling him to meet in the back in twenty minutes, I wanted everyone to meet up so we could chat. As my gucci loafers that were green and red hit the pavement, I was ready for whatever was about to take place. The white and grey walls along with the painted wallpaper calmed me as I walked down the hall to where everyone was. Strutting into the room, I noticed everybody was in attendance as we began discussing business. Of course, King made it so that he was sitting up front while Mes was too then Javo was slouched on the couch near by while Ronnie was just sipping on some Crown Royal as always.

"We have to follow Mo and make sure we catch him slipping. Are you sure you know he indeed kilt your son? This is jacked up dawg. I remember Soya also telling me on our first date that somebody was following us just never knew who. It led to me getting shot that night. A night I will never forget."

Meson shook his head as we were all chilling in my office at the back-discussing shit. "I'm positive as ever this motherfucker did it, and he will pay trust. I put that on my son's life, he WILL. We are just going to plot and make our move when it is right." I smirked as I laid down the plan of how this was going to go.

"Are you sure this plan is what you want to do? I don't want you going back to jail again. We need to make sure if we do this that everything will not come back to bite us in the ass." King's expression as I glanced over at him, let me know that he was not sure of the plan that we had going on.

"I agree with King on this one. I might have been around since day one." Turning my attention to Javo, I had not heard this young one speak a lot and to hear him finally do so had me wondering what he knew. He wanted to be in the clique so bad to the point he transfer information that was helpful and also useful. Putting him to work, he is now a part of the barbershop cutting heads while going to college. Javo cleared his throat before continuing.