Finding my way.

I guess I'm trying again. Only way to take out my frustrations. Reader discretion.))

                     *Maeves pov*
    It was finally looking up for her. She finally wasn't that broken little girl who lost her father and the love of her life. She was turning it around. She was becoming happier with the life around her.
     She slowly opened her eyes, fluttering them a few times to try to wake herself up. She smiled softly as she reached over to the bed stand to grab her phone off the charger to check the time. 6:20. She sighs. "I guess I should get up and get ready. Eh... five more minutes" she says laying back down, staring at the ceiling. 
      She sits back up and yawns, stretching her arms at the same time. She slides out of bed and walks to her dresser to grab some clothes for the day. Casual, blue jeans and a black shirt, seeing as how she'll have to change when she gets to work anyway. As she walks to the bathroom with her clothes, the phone rings. Her best friend. "Great.." she mutters then answers. "Hey Maeve... just calling to check on you.." Jack says in a concerned tone. "I'm fine.. you've asked me everyday. I'm gonna be okay." Maeve says in a heavy tone. "Just call me if you need anything.. okay?" Jack says, his voice breaking slightly. Maeve sighs, a frown forming across her worn face. "I'm sorry Jack.. I know he was your best friend too... I miss him everyday." "I know hun.. one day we'll see him again. He'll get his justice.. they'll find who did it. Have a good day.. love you." Jack responds, a tear rolling down his cheek. "I know.. I'll talk to you later.. love you too." Maeve says, hanging up.
     Maeve sighs and continues to the bathroom, setting her clothes on the counter. She looks in the mirror and sees the dark black circles around her eyes. "God I really need to start taking better care of myself." She mutters rubbing her tired eyes. She turns and walks to the shower, turning it on. She takes off her oversized black Metallica t- shirt she sleeps in most nights that belonged to her her late husband and throws it in the hamper.  It was his favorite shirt and now she can't sleep without it on. She slides off her panties and throws them in the hamper too, then steps into the shower.
     After she finishes washing her body and hair she sits there, letting the hot water run down her back, thinking about every good memory she ever had. It's always bitter sweet for her... rolling down memory lane. She smiles softly and turns off the water. She steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around her body, and one around her hair. She walks to the mirror and gets in the cabinet drawer and grabs her brush and sets it on the counter. She also grabs her tooth brush and brushes her teeth real quick. Then she takes off the towels and puts on her under garments then her jeans and t-shirt. She grabs the hair dryer and quickly dries her hair and brushes it.
    She walks back into her room and grabs a pair of socks and her converse and slips them on quickly, walking to the kitchen to grab a water from the fridge. She grabs her phone and keys and walks out to her truck. "Maybe James wants a ride to work today.." she mutters quietly grabbing her phone and dialing his number. "Hello?" James says in a rushed sounding voice. "Hey loser. You want a ride?" Maeve said with a smile. "Hell yeah. I'm a little late getting ready this morning but I'll be ready when you get here. See you then" James said quickly. "Alrighty." Maeve said and hung up. She started the truck up and pulled out of her driveway.
     About 10 minutes later she pulled up to James' house and he hopped into the truck all hyped up. "Someone's awfully chipper this morning." Maeve said, chuckling. "I have too much energy for my own good." James says with a smile.  They ride quietly the rest of the ride, listening to music on the radio.
     They walk in and go to the clothes dispensary closet at their restaurant and change into their chefs pants, shirts and hats and get right to making the orders of the first set of customers for the day. The day goes normally.  Work, eat lunch, work some more. Once the shift was over Maeve changed back into her clothes and waited for James outside. He walked out a few minutes later. "Man I'm tired... these 14 hour days are killing me." He chuckled.  "That's what you get for co-owning a restaurant with me. We just started. We'll get some more people working here soon and cut down our hours. Don't worry." She smiles. "Man I can't wait for that." he says back. They walk to the truck together and both hop in. Maeve drops him off at his house then drives home with the radio blaring and the windows down. She sighs as she pulls into her driveway, turning the radio down and shutting off the truck.
    She walks inside and sighs. Goes straight to her room and grabs one of her late husbands band ts and strips from her clothes and slides into his t shirt, then turns the lights out and climbs into bed. As soon as her head hits the pillow she's fast asleep.