The Fox and the Lion

"Hey, Sangwoo, aren't you glad to be back home? The Military training sure took a toll on us...Or well, at least on me. Can't deny that I feel rather more confident in myself, unlike before. Many years before...When I had to always rely on you." the red head girl trailed on to the much taller boy next to her, hooking her arm to his.
"It wasn't too bad, but I guess you're right. The sight of you throwing knives though..." the blond smirked, teasing the girl who only sighed and chuckled softly, leaning her face on his toned arm for a few seconds.
"Oh please, you think that was nice? Should have seen how you looked when you were doing push ups...Shirtless...In your room..." the teasing continued between them back and forth chuckling just like any young adults would, reminescing old memories, until an old, fimiliar male voice called out to us.

"Hey! Oh Sangwoo! Kasai Kitsune! How've you been?!" making us look back in unison and see officer Park in a police door.
"Oh! Officer Park! Have you been well?" Sangwoo exclaimed excitedly, grinning from ear to ear, guiding me to the window.
"We've been well, Officer, thank you for asking! We hope you've been well too!" Kitsune said in a timid yet friendly manner, as if speaking to an older relative.
"Haha of course! You've become more manly after coming back from the army! What a grip, haha!" the officer laughed as he shook hands with Sangwoo.
"Manly? More like wrinkly..." teased Sangwoo.
"And you, Kitsune, you became such a graceful and confident young woman, I bet you charmed even Seungbae here!" he laughed, pointing to his new, much younger partner.
"Ah, don't say that, officer, you're embarrassing me! And besides, what happened to Junjae? Wasn't he your partner? This guy here looks so dull and mean...N-No offence!" the girl with emerald eyes chuckled in a guilty, dismissive way.
"Haha, it's fine! He really needs to loosen up a little. And Junjae was assigned to a different district." he shrugged, pointing his head towards his new partner.
"Ah, I see... My name is Oh Sangwoo, and this is my girlfriend here, Kasai Kitsune." the blond grinned to the new man, as she waved lightly.
"Yes, childhood sweethearts, just like how I and my wife are. Young love truly is something pure, isn't it, Seungbae? Ah, that's right, you didn't even get to introduce yourself to these guys. Go on, don't be shy." Officer Park laughed and patted his shoulder, while he glared under his glasses.
"...Police officer Yang Seungbae." he muttered.
"Ehhh~? Not a man of many words, I see? Officer, I trust you'll lighten up the mood around!" the red haired girl giggled slightly, making Sangwoo smile at her softly, then lean in the car, pretending to tell a secret.
"If you ever smell anything funny while patrolling, it's probably officer Park's athlete's foot." Sangwoo said, earning a sweatdrop from the officer and the policeman.
"Come to think of it, your cousin was at your house, shouldn't you be going there?" the officer asked, making Sangwoo blink in shock, before looking at the girl, and nodding at each other, they bid farewell to the Officer and his helper, leaving in a hurry to his house.

"Cousin? Really? What the hell is this all about?" the boy asked, gritting his teeth in annoyance.
"I don't know, but you don't think someone broke into your house, do you? Pretending to be your cousin is rather risky, especially considering your family situation. Maybe it's some random petty burglar?" the smaller one replied, concerned, as they got in front of his home, him entering the password and entering the house and taking the bat from his room before heading down to the basement urgently, the girl meekly following behind, barely making it down 3 or 4 stairs.

There, in the basement, she saw a scrawny brunet boy about her height, on the ground, screaming bloody murder as Sangwoo hit him with the bat, looking down at him with slight disgust, taunting him.