Chapter 50: The Last Dance

Start from the beginning

"Na, its ok really. Plus I have to pretend I love it for Mae and Caroline." I sighed, my fingers fiddling with my hair as I spoke to him.

"I see."

It suddenly dawned on me. I hadn't even invited him to the party. "Klaus, do you wanna come?"

"As much as I would love to stand and watch teenagers get drunk I unfortunately have other matters to attend to."

I was actually upset that Klaus couldn't come but I didn't show it "Oh, ok then. Yea, you probably hate parties more than me anyway." I laughed quickly.

Klaus also laughed down the phone which was followed by some distant chatter away from the microphone "I have to go. I just wanted to wish a late happy birthday."

I rolled my eyes and thanked him before ending the call. Dang it... I was going to be alone at the party.

Something inside tells me that Mae may be going with Kol but she hasn't said anything yet. Everyone's going to have a date apart from me.

That's when it hit me. I can ask Matt! From what I remembered he doesn't have a girlfriend so I could go with him.

A victory smile was on my face as I quickly rushed into the bathroom to have a shower. Mae was drying her hair still wrapped in a towel when I came into the bedroom.

She nodded in my direction as if acknowledging my presence to which I returned.

After a long soak in the shower, I got dressed into some jeans and a t-shirt and shouted to Caroline and Mae that I was going to the grill before actually leaving.

Ok, my list for today. One, ask Matt to come to my party. Two, check the music play list and make sure no pop stuff was on it. Three, go book shopping. Four, meet with Taylor. Five, get ready for party with Mae. Six, attend party.

Taylor had messaged me yesterday about meeting me before the party. I hadn't spoken to him in a while.. And he only had about 3 weeks left until he had to go back to England.

That sucks. I would love to go with him but I would probably end up staying there with him forever.

The grill was moderately busy for a Saturday lunchtime and of course, Matt was working.

I grinned as I made my way up to the bar where he was making drinks.

Once he wasn't serving anyone, I popped up in front of him which made him jump slightly.

"Violet." He smiled.

"Sup Matthew." I greeted, resting my elbows on the bar and leaning in slightly "I have a question to ask you."

"As long as its 'will you serve me alcohol' then ask away."

I rolled my eyes at him "No, but I will be asking that in the future." He shook his head but I continued "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my birthday party with me."

"Aren't you going with Klaus?"

"Oh yea, I didn't think of that... Oh well, I've asked you now." I lied. Ok, I didn't want him to feel bad that I only asked him because Klaus couldn't come.

Matt laughed at me before answering "It would be my pleasure."

"Yes!" I exclaimed, reaching my hand over the bar for Matt to high-five. He just continued to laugh at me before eventually high-fiving me.

He went to talk to me some more but some customers turned up and he had to go.

"Don't worry, I'll meet you at mine at around 6ish?" I asked and he nodded.