(7) Tear-stained (7)

Alchemy was a dangerous thing. When put into the wrong hands, it can cause disaster- death, and destruction.
When put in the hands of kids, they could hurt their siblings or parents without knowing.
When put in the hands of the military, they murder. They kill, and kill for their country.
When put in the hands of someone who wants someone back, they can preform human transmutation.

It could he used for good things, but, all it has caused me was pain and suffering. An arm, a leg.. my brother's body!

And, in the end, was it worth it?

No.

I sat down in my house, wearing a torn apart suit of armor with tears riding down my face..

Getting up, I walked over to the dinner table. Riza had recently started to come over and make sure that I got the basic human needs- food, water, and stuff like that, but making sure that I didn't hurt myself accidentally in the process.

I took off the helmet and put it on the chair next to me so I could eat. Well, not that the helmet was covering my lower head anyways. I heard a sigh from the other room.

"He still looks horrible, colonel. He's moping around with that suit of armor on again- at this point he'll never get over it. I don't know what to do, though"

I tensed and sighed. I never really reacted to Riza and Roy talking- it never interested me. Even when they were talking about me. I also didn't talk much either, in fact I didn't talk so much that my voice was frail and rough.

I finished eating and got up, ignoring the milk Riza put on the table for me to drink. I may not be in good condition, but I still had standards.

I sat back down on the couch after grabbing my helmet from the table, and curled up. Riza came over to me and sat down "hey, Edward?"

I looked at her, my tear stained cheeks were puffy from all the crying. She could see my expression through the eyes so she continued "Are you ready to talk about Alphonse?" She asked softly

I shook my head and got up, running to my room. Why does everyone keep asking about him! He's right here! He didn't go anywhere! I started to cry more and took off the armor. I stood up, running my fingers over every single little scratch, cut, indent, and hole in it.

Then, I found the back of the armor. The seal- where was it?! I started to panic when I couldn't find it, and I started to cry for help. Riza ran in and made a small sigh. "Fullmetal, you already know where it went..." she said slowly.

"H-he isn't dead!

I do. I remember the monster that came from our failier stabbing through him. It caused my head to throb.

"He can't be!"

I remember Al crying out to me for me to run while it was distracted. And I just stood there, watching.

"He's all I have left!"

I curled up in the bed. This was my fault.. I couldn't protect him.. I looked at my arm, which had came back. I shouldn't have it..

I grabbed a few pain killers and swallowed them with nothing, while Riza watched me. She gently pet my tear stained cheeks. She was very nice when you were really upset like this. "Take a nap, okay buddy?" She said softly

I nodded, reluctantly curling up tightly "okay.."

The memories- they pained me. They pained me beyond relief- but with the goal set to get my brother completely back, nothing was impossible. Not even getting a philosophers stone. Sure, It is a challenge against my depression to get him back,

But, I swear, Alphonse..

I'm coming for you!