“Give your mom my congratulations for me.”

“I will, now off to the food!”

I escorted Mason down the staircase, occasionally nodding and bowing to a nearby royal and expressing my gratitude for their presence here at the Palace. We maneuvered through clusters of people talking and laughing, conversing about I-could-care-less. We finally made it across the room and reached the area where the food was. Countless tables lined up along the walls and dozens of different cuisines, exotic foods, and scrumptious looking desserts lined up, each one more delicious looking than the last.

Mason grabbed his plate and began advancing along the tables. I was about to grab my plate when I felt a finger tapping on my shoulder. I turned around and was met with a gentleman who looked to be the same height as me.

“Excuse me, are you Prince Vincent?” He asked. I nodded.

“It’s so great to see another member of the family! I can’t believe I have a first cousin.” His voice had a welcoming ring to it, and it had a very formal and posh and aristocratic accent to it as he grinned and bowed before me. “I am Prince George of the Alexandria Province here in Allyria.” He removed his mask and I couldn’t believe how similar we looked. I bowed with respect.

“Prince George, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”

“The feeling is mutual, my dear cousin. It’s finally glad to know someone other than my sister.”

“I’m sure she’s great.”

“Oh believe me, she sometimes annoys me. She can’t stop talking about this book she’s been reading about romance and junk. But she’s tolerable nonetheless. Anyway, how are you enjoying Allyria?”

“Well, it’s pretty big, and rich I guess.”

“It’s probably the palace. Did you notice that it’s covered with jewels?”

“Now that you mention it.” I glanced around and tried to allow my eye vision to become vivid as I glanced around the walls and noticed twinkling as a light reflected along it. “No way, I never noticed that before.”

George laughed heartily. “It’s a very small detail so most don’t catch it; I personally think it’s a bit over the top on the design, but if it’s what they see fit.”

I nodded quietly before glancing back at Mason who was still carefully choosing what he should he tonight. George seemed to take notice in this and chuckled. “Why don’t we get something to eat, then? I’m starving and I can’t wait to eat some of this delicious food. Grandmother knows how to prepare feasts in her parties.”

We both grabbed plates and began moving down the line of choices at opposite sides of the tables. “Do you come visit here often?” I asked as I picked up a few tater tots with a small thong before moving down the line.

“I used to come by every weekend, but since Father’s death I didn’t have the courage to come up here that much. And I do regret it because I would love to see Grandmother more often.”

“Your… your dad?”

He struggled to form words to recite as he stared as a slice of blueberry pie topped with whipped cream that he was cutting. “Yes, Father had passed away over a year ago.” He exhaled before composing himself with a smile. “Nevertheless, he’s in a better place now.”

“I’m really sorry to hear that.”

“No worries, Cousin. I do express my deepest sympathies to you as well. I guess we can relate to that department.”

I nodded, thankful that he was very kind and genuine. “Thank you, I appreciate it.”

“Now, let’s not dwell in such a dark place when there’s a party going on. Let’s party!” We grinned as we continued to move along the line and grabbed an abundance of delicious desserts and cuisines.