Chapter Three

Thank you so much for your votes and comments guys. Here is the next chapter. Hope you guys like it. Eagerly waiting for your views.

Next day morning

Khushi is in a hurry to finish the house chores. She woke up little late so she needs to finish all this. Then only she can leave for her job.

She was arranging the dishes on the table and garima enters there. "Tomorrow you should take leave from your work". She announced as she took the seat.

Khushi looked at her confused. "But why....did something happened..".she stopped her queries seeing garimas glare. "Woh...I just asked". .she stammered.

"A proposal came for you. He will come to see you" . Garima said in a not interested tone.

"Who..."she asked confused.

"Athul.  yesterday he came here to ask your hand." .garima said.

Khushi got stunned hearing her reply. How can she thinks of marrying her to athul. Doesn't she knows about his character. He is indeed a drug addict and have countless affairs with woman. On the top of that he is twenty years older than her.

"Maa.."seeing garima's glare."...how could you ask him to him. He is a drug addict. Don't you know about his affairs. How could you..." she cried...

Garima grabbed her arms harshly. "Then who will marry you without dowry. No one is ready to marry without dowry and I don't have any money to give you dowry. Can we make you marry a beggar..no..naa.."

"A beggar will be better than him..."she retorted back.

Garima glared her"...acha...so you want to make the society blames me for marrying you to a beggar. Even now they are blaming me to send you to work as a servant. What all will they say if they comes to know about this.
Athul is richer than us. You just have to endure his anger when he was drunk otherwise you will get all the luxuries there. You don't need to work as a servant. "

Khushi shakes her head in deniel. "But I don't want this...these luxuries means nothing to me. " She cried.

"No one is asking your opinion. If I say tomorrow you need to take leave then you should take it. There is no more questions. Understand." She asked fuming.

Khushi nodes her head looking down. Garima left from there after finishing breakfast. Khushi covers her face and sat on the chair with a thud. She don't know what to do now. But then a sudden determination comes to her mind.

Khushi wipes her face with hands. "Let him come tomorrow. I will make sure that this marriage won't happen. You can never have me Athul." She said confidently and continue to do her work.

Khushi starts walking speedily looking at the watch. She is really late today. The bus must be gone now...she comes to the zebra crossing and about to cross then some one called her her behind.

She turns back and her insides churned with anger and disgust seeing athul infront of her. Athul rushed to her. "Are you going for job. Come let me drop you". He said pointing his car. Khushi ignored him and stood there waiting for the red signal to cross the road.

Athul looks her up and down". Why did you need to do this job khushi. Just marry me. I will treat you like a princess. "

Khushi glared at him." Don't you have any shame. You are twice older than me. If you got married at young age then your daughter must be my age now. "

Athul laughed hearing her." But I didn't get married naa. You know I never sent marriage proposal for anyone till now. I didn't feel this much attraction to anyone. I don't need anything as dowry. Just needs you. "

Khushi gives him a sarcastic smile." In your dreams Mr. You would gave convinced maa but how much you try you will never gets me. "

Just then the signal turned red and a white SUV stopped right infront of her as she was about to cross the road. She gazed at the car angrily for scaring her and was about to knock the window. But the driver himself rolled down it.

Khushi was shocked to see Arnav who is smirking at her. He looked at the watch. It's already 8.45." Is this the time you comes for work. "He asked sternly.

Khushi gulped. "Woh there was an emergency in home. I won't repeat it. "

"Hmm..."arnav nodded and shift his eyes to athul. "Is he your father." He asked. Athul looked at him wide eyed and got furious. While khushi finds it really hard to controll her laugh.

Athul pointed his finger to him. "See....I'm going to marry her. I'm not her father but will be her husband soon." Khushi was glaring him for his courage to talk like that about her.

Arnav starts to laugh loudly hearing his reply. Athul looked at him stunned seeing his laugh while khushi confused. "Uncle ji you are really funny. I really likes you..."he said between his laughs.

Athul gritted his teeth while khushi smiled hearing his reply. It's good that arnav gives him correct reply. Atleast now he got to know that he is after a girl who is probably at the age of his daughter.

Just then her bus arrives. She was about to cross but the horn of Arnav's car stopped her. "Get in. I'm also going home. "He said.

Khushi stood there confused whether to accept it or not. But seeing the fuming face of Athul she grinned inwardly and was about get in the back seat. But arnav pressed another horn and gestured her to sat on the front seat.

Athul fisted his palms seeing this. Khushi grinned inwardly abd get in the car giving a mocking smile to athul.

"Thank you so much sir. ."khushi told him during their journey.

Arnav just nodes his head. "Who is he.."he asked.

"Why should I tell you.".khushi eyed him suspiciously.

Arnav smirked. "Seems like I need to make you remember about the contract every time. You need to obey my every words until you payback the money. "

Khushi sighed." My mother is going to fix my marriage with him because she don't have any money to give dowry. "

"Well...I'm not surprised...."arnav mumbled. Khushi looked at him shocked. What does he mean. Arnav shrugged his shoulder seeing her look. "What...what is there to expect from a mother who doesn't even let her daughter attend the final exams.."

Khushi just gives him a sad smile and turned her face outside the window.

Next part of this story will be updated in inkitt after 2 days guys.