07

Carter absolutely loathed Rachel Berry

Carter absolutely loathed Rachel Berry. Well, at the moment. Until she got over the Dakota Stanley dilemma, Carter would gladly go back to only tolerating her.

     Because of her, her uncle had lost all hope. He gave up trying to get anywhere with the Glee Club and started his own group. The Acafellas. God, it was embarrassing. Everyday they ━━ Will and three other teachers ━━ would show up to their house and practice the same goddamn song in her living room. Carter had to admit, they were good, but she thought the New Directions were better.

     A knock on the door drew her out of her annoying Acafella-filled thoughts. Sandy Ryerson, a former William McKinley teacher, stood on the other side of the door once Carter opened it. Her nose scrunches up in disgust. The only memory she had of him ━━ and it wasn't a good one ━━ was when he tried to put his hand on Noah Puckerman's thigh.

     "What the hell are you doing here, Ryerson?"

     "I'm ready for —"

     "Okay, stop." Carter halts his speech. She looks him up and down. He was wearing a powder blue dress suit and a big toothy smile. "This is creepy and I don't like you." She slams the door in him face as Will walks up to stand behind her. "Goodbye!"

     "You're welcome." Carter sings, sidestepping Will. He smiles and rushes to get back to his friends. When he presses start on the boombox on the coffee table, Terri storms out of their bedroom with a large frown. For a moment, she complains about the noise, then, she features melt into a more seductive expression. Carter's nose crinkles at the thought of what her legal guardians were about to do. Will smiles, slyly and begins to usher his friends out the door. Carter stands still by the fridge as she watches Terri drag her uncle into their bedroom.

"Oh, no." Carter curses to herself shortly after. She opens one of the lower cupboards revealing a black duffel bag. In that bag she kept a couple pairs of clothing, money, and a spare house key to Brittany S. Pierce's home.

She was totally not spending the night in her room that day.

     Rachel hurriedly makes her way into the choir room, an angry Carter DiArmo jogging to catch up behind her. Maybe she could even tackle her if she pushed hard enough.

     "He's not coming." Rachel huffs, defeated and exhausted, throwing a plate of sugar cookies on the black piano.

     Finn rolls his eyes, looking at the cookies then back at Rachel. "Of course he doesn't want anything to do with us after you kicked him in the nads."

     Rachel looks smug for a moment. "Then why did he thank me?"

     "He thanked you so that you could leave him alone!" Carter cuts in, bumping shoulders with her as hard as she could as she passed her by. Rachel winces. She knew she shouldn't have confronted him as soon as she saw Carter in the room with him. She should have waited.

     Santana cuts in, an almost satisfying smirk resting on her lips at the site of Rachel still rubbing at her shoulder. "The goal is to win. And now that Mr. Schuester has agreed to let us hire Dakota Stanley, we can."

     Finn immediately rebuttals back at Santana. "But he doesn't want us to. He just doesn't have the confidence to coach us anymore. Guys are real sensitive when it comes to this kind of stuff."

     Rolling her eyes, Rachel moves forward to catch his attention. "And that's my fault?"

     "Yeah," Carter nods. "Because you couldn't just shut your mouth and let him teach us the choreography he wanted us to do." She then turns to Quinn and Santana who we're still watching the members fight with big smirks on their lips. "Don't think I don't see you guys giggling to yourselves over there. I know you guys aren't in this club for fun."

     Quinn, sensing her about to reveal a lot more than just that, speaks up. "I'm bored. All those in favor of hiring Dakota Stanley?"

     Everyone aside from Finn and Carter raise their hands.

The new and improved Acafellas ( she wasn't there to witness the first time they performed with the original members ) were about to perform in front of an audience for the second time after Will subtly decided to quit the glee club. It was at a school board meeting that Principal Figgins had asked for Will to perform during.

     They performed a song that didn't seem all that appropriate for a PTA meeting. Carter definitely had placed the blame on Noah for a short while until Uncle Will had revealed that he, in fact, chose the song. Now it was a bit creepy. (Not that it wasn't before.)

Carter realizes that Noah Puckerman's hip thrust was sent in her direction once the performance had ended. She hated him, she told herself all while knowing that the move made her anxious in every way possible.

     When they had finished, Carter hurried her way backstage, successfully escaping the clutches of Terri only to run into another pair of arms. Noah Puckerman's arms. Carter was one unlucky girl, wasn't she?

     "Hey, Carter, so I was thinking——"

     "Please don't ever do that again, Noah, you know your brain starts to hurt after a short while of thinking."

     "While I'm glad you care, I was just going to ask you to go out to eat with me. Nothing fancy." He smiles brightly. Carter almost feels bad for saying no.

     "No, I have... leftovers at home," Carter sends him a faux smile. "Next time maybe."

A man walks up to them, adressing the Acafellas. He smiles slightly. "Hey, guys, I'm Josh Groban. This is my bodyguard, Flex. We were in town. I was inducting Run-DMC into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night, So I thought I'd stop by and say hello," he waves. "So, which one of you is, uh Sandy?"

Sandy smiles that creepy smile of his as he walks up to Josh confidently. "Ooh! Mr. Groban, we are so honored that you came here today,"

Josh's smile drops. "I came here to tell you——"

Sandy interrupts giddily. "Yes, sir?"

He deadpans. "Stop emailing me. This is a restraining order," he hands him a sheet of paper. "Stop sending me nude photos. Stop calling me. I don't know how you got my number! I don't know how you got my number again after I changed it, but I don't want any more of your edible gift baskets or locks of your hair, and I don't want to read any more of those sonnets you wrote for me."

Carter scrunches up her nose. Sandy Ryerson was truly the simultaneously the worst and most disgusting person she had ever met. Right before Noah on her list.

"That stuff got crazy, dude," Flex shakes his head.

"This is so disgusting," Carter mumbles to herself, allowing her fingers to get tangled up in her hair.

Josh looks Sandy dead in the eye. "Are we clear?" Sandy barely musters out a nod. "Thank you, gentlemen. And by the way, great show. I mean, like," he imitates an explosion. "Explosive,"

Will grimaces and nods at Josh. "Thanks. Sorry," he then makes his way over to Carter, leading her out the back door. She complies wholeheartedly but not before flipping Noah off for the call me gesture he had just sent her.

"Uncle Will, I swear if you ever bring me to one of these things again——"

"I know."

quarantine said: lets force muertoes to fuckin update 😜🤣😜🥴🙈😌

APRIL 7, 2020