Flashback Pt.2

I've been working all day. Who knew working as a secretary at a law firm could be so exhausting? I've had it up to here with some of the customers.

I smile as I walk through the hallway to get to our apartment. It's late, I'm exhausted and still annoyed, but I know that Adam can make it better.

I fumble in my purse for the keys and quietly unlock the door.

I like to surprise him when I come home last. I usually jump onto his back, or kiss his neck after I sneak up on him. He always laughs and kisses me back, asking how my day went, listening to me complain.

Adam is a smart man. He works at a school, as a grounds keeper. He really loves those kids. Adam had short, dark hair, and eyes so beautifully grey. His mouth curves up into his dimples, his eyes lighting up when he's happy. He always said that I was the most attractive out of the two of us, but I always laughed and disagreed.

I had long, light coloured hair that seemed to pool around my elbows. It got tangled frequently, matting into a nest. My eyes were too far apart, and they were the colour of sludge. My nose was the only thing I liked, though I'm sure Adam would say that he preferred my lips. He was cute and sweet like that. I was so lucky to have him.

We were casually talking about getting married in the next 1 or 2 years. We really loved each other.

I walk into the kitchen. He's not there or in the living room, so I smile at the thought of him waiting for me in the bedroom.

I tip-toe to the bedroom, and I hear some muffled noises from behind the door, like he's saying something to me. I smile as I silently click open the door.

I silently gasp in horror. Adam is lying on top of a blond woman, saying 'Mandy, Mandy, Mandy,' over and over again, and she says

"Oh Adam, I bet you've never experienced this with that stupid little Elise."

I hear him laugh.

I storm over, tears in my eyes and a Rage in my belly, and drag him off of her. She gasps, trying to calm herself.

He looks at me, seeming to show no remorse in his eyes, just surprise.

"YOU IDIOT! STUPID STUPID STUPID!"

I scream at him. He looks at me.

"I think you're overreacting Elise. Calm down."

"Calm down? You're sleeping with another woman!"

I slap him.

"Get out! I never want to see you again!"

I scream. The blond hastily grabs her clothes as Adam and her ran out of the apartment.

I collapse onto the bed and let lose my waterfall of hot, embarrassed tears.