"What a life to have lived", he takes another sip of his drink. (Y/N) turns back to look at him and shrugs slightly, smiling softly as she takes in the smile on his face.

"Or maybe she's just a bitter old drunk whose husband left her for some twenty-year-old with great boobs and she never got over it". Tom laughs, a genuine laugh as he gazes at her with pure adoration.

"They both seem plausible explanations love". She giggles and nods once more.

"Why don't you analyze someone, you know like properly", she finishes the last mouthful of her drink. Tom smiles and nods, gazing around the bar once more. His eyes set on a man at the end of the bar, women perched on him as he laughs and drinks with them. The smile falls from his face completely, his eyes hardening and his jaw tightening. (Y/N) raises an eyebrow at his sudden change of demeanor and turns behind her to look.

"Do you know him or something?". Tom grunts and stands from his bar stool.

"Yeah something like that love", he frowns and looks back down to her.

"I hate to leave so abruptly but I need to have a talk with him", he continues, his eyes softening as he notices the concerned look in hers.

"It's okay, but you don't seem very happy to see him, are you sure you should go talk to him?" concern drips from her words and Tom's chest swells as he hears.

"Don't worry about me love, but you probably shouldn't watch, things could get ugly. Just stay here, I'll handle him", he gives her shoulder a soft squeeze before beginning to walk off towards the man. (Y/N) stands from her seat and grabs onto the sleeve of his blazer.

"I can handle ugly; besides, you've got me curious as to what you're so worked up over", she gazes up at him, all traces of concern gone. Tom hesitates for a moment before he nods.

"But stay close to me, okay?". (Y/N) nods and she follows him over to the man, her hand letting go of his blazer and falling back to her side. Toms stops in front of the man with (Y/N) at his side, his expression once again darkening. The man now noticing another presence looks up at him, his eyes widening in fear, scrambling out of his seat as he recognizes the taller man.

"M-Mr. Holland!", he moves behind his bar stool, trying to distance himself from the man before him.

"Samuel", Tom spits out coldly as he glares down at the beady eyed man.

"You owe me a lot of money Samuel. And here I find you buying drinks for random women at the bar. Which you should not be doing after all the trouble you landed in with your little underground scheme". As Samuel tries to stutter out and excuse, (Y/N) watches him, biting her lip in anticipation. The women that once surrounded him have since scattered at the sight of Tom, leaving the sleaze who was supplying them with drinks defenseless.

"If I don't have that money on my desk by tomorrow you know what will happen to you", Tom's voice is authoritative as he speaks with no hesitation, yet (Y/N) is not afraid. If anything, she craves to see more of this dark side to the handsome man beside her. The cowering man nods, his eyes wide as his fingers go white from the intense grip he has on the stool in front of him.

"Of course, Mr. Holland", he almost whispers his response.

"And for fucks sake, if I catch you chatting up another woman after the shit you pulled I will personally end you", Tom threatens as he places a hand on his lips, flashing his gun to the man as his blazer is pushed back. Samuel nods before dashing off out of the bar. (Y/N) looks up at Tom, her eyes scanning his face in pure amazement. With a frown Tom looks back down to her.

"Sorry if I scared you love, I've been chasing that guy for a while and I just let my anger get the better of me", he sighs and cups her cheek ever so gently. His rough calloused hand warm against her cheek, causing her skin to redden and her breath to catch in her throat.

"I've seen worse, Mr. Holland", she adds the last part with a slight smirk. Tom licks his lips, a glint of mischief flashing in his eyes.

"Mr. Holland huh?". (Y/N) smiles up at him.

"You call me love, it's only fair I give you a nickname". Tom chuckles and removes his hand from her face, unbeknownst to the slight disappointment she feels of not having his skin against hers.

"I guess you're right. I'll let you call me that then". (YN) smiles and plays with her hands shyly, her cheek still warm from where his touch just was. Tom sighs softly and rubs the back of his head.

"I really need a smoke after that, care to join me love?". She nods slightly as she gazes up at him, her eyes twinkling under the dim lighting of the bar.

"I'd love to observe you some more Mr. Holland". Tom grins at her response and places his hand on the small of her back as he begins to guide her out the back door of the bar.

"Good, I like my observer".