Chapter Eleven: The Other Side

Start from the beginning

"The walkies are set to 21.5 megahertz," Bellamy mumbled.

The radio crackled and a muffled voice could be heard.

"Can anyone. Can anyone hear me? Over," Octavia's voice sounded.

Jaha turned around shocked at hearing Octavia's voice. Kane stood with his mouth open and eyebrows pressed together in confusion. Bellamy and Abby looked at each other relieved.

Octavia sat on the floor of the crypt room. Clarke had handed her a radio and she had been talking into it for several minutes. She was getting exhausted and frustrated. She lifted the radio to her lips again.

"This is Octavia. Can anyone hear me, damn it?" Octavia said.

The radio buzzed and Octavia looked at it hopeful. She felt tears building in her eyes as she heard Bellamy on the line. Octavia looked to Indra. Indra did not look amused. Didrika moved to Octavia's side. Clarke sat up and looked at Octavia eagerly.

"O, it's me. You okay?" Bellamy's voice sounded.

"I'm alive. I won. I'm the leader beside Didrika. Bell, what the hell happened?" Octavia said.

"Jaha and Kane took the bunker for themselves. I'll fix it, I promise."

"We don't have time to wait for him," Indra said.

Didrika knew Indra was right. The world was ending and there was only so much Didrika could do to keep people calm. She looked at Octavia and wiggled her fingers, gesturing for her to pass her the radio. Octavia handed her the radio and Didrika lifted it to her mouth.

"This is Didrika. Kane, what the hell were you thinking? Open this damn door," Didrika said.

"I'm not going to be killed for saving my people," Kane's voice sounded.

"I'm not going to kill you, damn it! Haven't you learned anything over the last few weeks? You committed treason. I should have your heads, but instead I granted you safe passage into the bunker and what do you do? Take it for yourself. Now all the clans hate Skaikru. Now you're not the only ones paying for your mistakes, you brought your people down with you," Didrika said.

Didrika lifted her thumb from the button and Octavia took the radio back. Anger was present in her face. Didrika let her hand move into the pocket of her jacket.

"Jaha, open the damn door. You floated people for treason. You locked Clarke up in solitary for treason. You're a hypocrite! Open this door or you'll be killing us all," Octavia said.

"I'm on my way, O," Bellamy said.

The radio went silent and Octavia looked at Didrika worried. Didrika bit her bottom lip and rubbed her forehead. The radio crackled again and Octavia looked down at it.

"O, I'm gonna need some time," Bellamy said.

"Wait. What? Bellamy they don't have-" Octavia said.

Jaha interrupted her, "Skaikru will not be sharing the bunker with anyone."

The radio went silent and Octavia got the feeling that they were not going to hear from them again. Octavia's hand shook with the radio in her clutches. Didrika pried it out of her grasp and placed it on the floor. Didrika covered her shaking hand with her hands and smiled at Octavia. Octavia collapsed to her knees.

Bellamy looked at the soldiers concerned. Abby stared at Jaha in disbelief. Jaha had ripped the cord of the radio out to stop the conversation. Kane had wide eyes as he realized that he made a mistake. Kane looked at Jaha pleadingly.

"Did you hear her? The grounders are listening to her now, but they won't be for much longer. I am opening that door," Bellamy said.

"I'm sorry, but right now, our people are safe. We cannot risk that," Jaha said.