"I can't do this again." Steve told him quietly.

Joshua smiled sadly at him. "I know."

Steve was plunged into darkness, though he knew it wouldn't last for long.

He smelled smoke, and lots of it. He turned his head and saw a roaring fire. That roaring fire was the first thing he saw, before the scene he was thrown into began to appear before him.

He was at the tower, or at least the ruins of it. His eyes widened as he saw a flash of red hair underneath some rubble. "Natasha!" He yelled as he ran foward to try to dig her out. He knew this wasn't real, but he couldn't bear seeing a friend in need.

He dragged her out of the rubble, she slowly regained consciousness. "Why?" She whispered to him.

"What?" Steve asked.

"How could you?" She whispered. "This is all your fault." Her breath hitched, before stopping completely. Steve shook her a bit.

"Nat...? Natasha?!" He cried.

"How could you?!" Steve spun around, only to discover he was in a different scene. He seemed to be at a funeral, Nat's funeral, he presumed. Sam was standing in front of him, glaring daggers at him.

"Sam?" Steve stepped foward.

"Don't come any closer!" Sam yelled. "You...you murderer." Sam spat. "You killed her! I can't believe I ever looked up to you." Sam backed up, not noticing the bonfire behind him.

"SAM!" Steve yelled. Sam screamed in agony as his clothes caught on fire, followed by his flesh.

"Steve...please..." Steve whirled around again, the scene changing. He looked around, he seemed to be in an alley. Bucky was in front of him.

Bucky was bleeding heavily from his side. Steve glanced down to see a knife in his hands. He could feels Bucky's blood on his hands. His eyes widened. Steve tried to drop the knife, only to discover he wasn't in control of his body.

He felt a smirk play on his lips. "Oh, Bucky. What a tragic end." He heard himself say.

Tears made their way down Bucky's face. "Steve...please...I know you're better than this..."

He rushed foward and embedded the knife into Bucky's chest. With Bucky's last breaths, he uttered one statement. "I'm with you...till the end of the line..." He went limp, the life in his eyes draining.

Steve was in control again, he immediately dropped the knife, hands shaking. He felt hot tears fall down his face as he began to sob in that alley.

---

Steve jolted awake, he was surrounded by his friends. They were all staring down at him, concerned. Steve could feel the tears falling down his face. He noticed Bucky was missing, and panicked for a short second.

He realized he was sitting up, and Bucky was embracing him tightly. Steve felt his eyes go wet as he hugged back, sobbing gently into his friend's back. "I'm sorry..." Steve whispered. "I'm so sorry..." Bucky didn't reply, only embraced him tighter.

---

Peter had gone back to school after his bruises faded, making an excuse that he was sick. He walked into school, Ned immediately greeted him. "Dude, what happened?"

"A little incident, it's no big deal." Peter shrugged.

"No big deal?! You were absent for two weeks!" Ned whisper-yelled. "MJ was about to go to the afterlife and drag you back if you didn't come back."