Part Eighteen: In Which The Crew Make Their Desperate Escape

~Hongjoong's POV~

Yuyaga's dead body slumped in front of me as I spat out the foul tasting blood that had collected in my mouth. Within the cries and chaos that ensued Fang pushed towards me with his gun raised and screaming in Cerian. I knew I had no time to react and raised my hands in front of my face just as someone lunged in between us. With an animalistic cry my second-in-command landed a punch to the side of Fang's face that broke his nose and knocked his weapon from his grasp. The black beads around Mingi's neck pulsed with a dark light as he roared and delivered a powerful kick to another guard's chest sending him tumbling over the railing.

From where I stood I saw Wooyoung struggling with a guard. The alien was strangling him, Wooyoung's feet dangling off the floor as he clawed at the hands around his neck. I sprinted forward and ran my sword through the guard's armored back, making him loosen his grip enough that Wooyoung was able to break free. Red faced and gasping I saw a dagger flash in Wooyoung's hand before stabbing his enemy in repeatedly. The guard dropped to his knees, bioluminescent blood spurting from his chest. Wooyoung fixed me with a grateful look and gasped out thanks before flicking his blade clean.

Monster and his men continued to fight fiercely alongside us. Yoongi danced around a master wielding twin blades, deftly sidestepping the alien's attacks. He sliced through the master's tendons behind his knees and ankles until his large foe collapsed bleeding and screaming to the floor. The other two were also holding their own, V had an ugly gash that raked across his chest and Jimin a bruise on his face that left it shiny and swollen. Still they fought on side by side their eyes blazing, attacks trained on their enemies as they continued on in lethal synchronization.

I finally spotted Monster and we locked eyes as he killed a guard in his arms, slitting his neck in one quick movement. "Get to the surface!" He yelled before he turned and leapt over the railing with his three men following close behind. I didn't have time to wonder why Uranaan had seemingly sided with him before plasma fire erupted around us. More guards had scaled the sides of the balcony, joining in the fight and pushing us back.

Meanwhile down below Yeosang and Uranaan covered each other as they sent a hail of gunfire into the stands. The screaming around us drowned out everything as we all continued to fight, blades and plasma whizzing dangerously overhead.

Suddenly scaly arms wrapped around me from behind, seizing the hand holding my sword and pinning my other arm to my side. Rancid breath billowed over my face as I heard Fang scream in my ear. "Die Ssstar King!"

I caught sight of a wicked looking dagger in his free hand that he brought up to my chest. I pressed the handle of my sword against his forearm in an attempt to resist as he gradually wretched it closer to my heart. My muscles in my arms strained as Fang moved in inch by inch breathing wetly against my ear. With a yell I managed to yank it sideways and felt it pierce through the flesh under my collarbone.

The pain was white hot with intensity and I cried out bucking my hips trying to throw Fang off my back. He laughed maniacally and twisted the dagger around inside of me. Tears sprung to my eyes and in a last ditch effort I threw my head back and bashed it against his jaw. It popped audibly and I heard him shriek.

Through the haze of pain I saw the two EXO suits lock their cannons onto us, lighting up and aimed straight at the balcony. Yeosang waved wildly screaming at us to get out of the way.

I reacted fast, lifting my feet and kicking against the railing pushing back into Fang's hard chest. I could feel him stagger backwards with a throaty yell and suddenly the world tilted up as we both careened off the side of the balcony.

There was a moment of pure weightlessness as we sailed over the rails and my stomach rose in my throat. I could see the pinpricks of light from the stars above the dome through the murky water as we fell through the air. I caught a brief glimpse of both Mingi and San as they launched themselves off the edge. Then, all at once, my vision filled with blue flames as projectiles hit the side of balcony and annihilated it, bits of wood and metal raining down over us in our descent.