Every story has a beginning

Since the day Akumas appeared in Paris, Marc always questioned himself what it would feel like to get akumatized. Of course, he knew that it mustn't be a good feeling and now he knew for sure. Now, where he became a victim of Hawkmoth himself, he knew that it felt kind of... strange.

The last thing he remembered, before falling down the eiffel tower, was that he kneeled down before the fountain in the park, looking deeply hurt on the ripped parts of his notebook. Well, he wasn't hurt because of the notebook itself, he was more hurt because of the person who did it, because it was a person, he admired for a long time now.

This person was Nathaniel, who now accompanied him on his way home. After he realized, he completely misinterpreted the whole situation, he wanted to make amends somehow and thought it would be a good start to tell Marc everything that happened.

"Well and this was already everything", he ended his explanation, which let the writer turn red out of shame. He couldn't believe he did all that and suddenly had the feeling to be starred at from every corner. Marc pulled his hood over, he didn't know why, but somehow it always comforted him when he was anxious.

"There's no need to hide", Nathaniel said in a calm voice and carefully grabbed for his hood to pull it back again, "I'm sure almost half of Paris became a victim by Hawkmoth by now, so most of the people know that you have no control of yourself when this is the case and nobody will judge you."

"A-Are you sure a-about that?", Marc mumbled in his usually shy self and only dared to look at the artist from the corner of his eyes. "Of course I am", Nathaniel guarantied, before directing his attention on the way before him again.

Meanwhile they walked for almost ten minutes and were silent on the main part of the way. Marc imagined already many reasons why this could be. Was he mad at him after all? But why is he accompanying him on his way home then? Just out of bad conscience?

Marc didn't want this, he wanted to have everything clear between them, when they were going to work on the comic.

Or didn't Nathaniel want this anymore?

These questions tortured Marc on the inside. He really had to talk to Nathaniel, or this thoughts would be in his mind for days.

He swallowed, to get rid of this lump in his throat, build a fist and took a deep breath to gain a bit of courage.

"Hey, Marc", Nathanielsuddenly spoke up. Marc startled a bit and had to cough because of his now dry throat. "Y-Yes?", he asked, after he calmed down again and felt a feeling of embarrassment coming up, giving his cheeks a slight shade of red.

"I... want to apologies", Nathaniel said, to Marcs surprise. His reasons for Nathaniels silence were now erased out of his head. "It was so idiotic and unfair that I ripped your notebook", he said,"Especially I, as a fellow artist, should know what it feels like to see something you worked so hard on treated without respect. I want to make amends for this, please tell me what I should do for that and I do it."

"That's... very nice of you", Marc told him, "B-But you don't have to make amends, I-I'm really not m-mad at you." Nathaniel shook his head, it seemed like he didn't want to accept this like that. "At least let me buy you a new notebook", he demanded, but Marc did it just like Nathaniel and shook his head. "Y-You don't have to", Marc said, "I-I'm sure I can g-glue the ripped parts together again."

To check his statement, Marc pulled out his notebook from the inside of his Hoodie. He opened it, just to get surprised that there weren't any ripped parts anymore. "Nathaniel, look!", he drew the artists attention to him and the notebook. Nathaniel was just as surprised as Marc.