·Field Trip Pt 2·

The day of the field trip

----------------------------------------------------------

Of all the days to be late to school, today was not one of them. Somehow, Peter had slept through JARVIS's alarm. And due to the lack of sleep Peter was getting, the AI decided that it would be best to let the young Stark sleep rather than attempt to wake him up for school again.

Pepper went to an early morning meeting, and Tony, having gone to bed at 5 in the morning after losing track of time while working on one of his Iron Man suits, was fast asleep. So neither of his parents were there to wake him up when the alarm didn't.

Happy was waiting for the kid downstairs and was sending him many angry text messages wondering where he was.

----------------------------------------------------------

7:15 am

Uncle Happy: Peter, where are you?

7:17 am

Uncle Happy: Peter, we're going to be late if you don't hurry up.

7:20 am

Uncle Happy: Peter? Wakey, wakey?

7:21 am

Uncle Happy: Peter, I swear to God if you're still asleep...

7:22 am

Uncle Happy: I'm not coming up to get you. You're too old for this shit.

7:25 am

Uncle Happy: I'm going to be late for a meeting!

7:30 am

Uncle Happy: Your sleepy ass can find your own way to school today. I'm done waiting for you!

----------------------------------------------------------

When Peter woke up, he was blinded by the unpleasant sun flashing through the window.

"JARVIS," he asked groggily, "What time is it?"

"It is currently 7:40 am, Peter," the AI responded.

At the mention of the time, Peter's woke up immediately. He was going to be late for the field trip today!

"What!" he exclaimed, "Why didn't you wake me up JARVIS? Do I need to rewrite your protocols?"

"You slept through your first alarm. And as per the 'Baby-Monitor Protocol,' I let you have the extra sleep."

"Well that's just great, JARVIS," Peter said sarcastically while rushing out of bed, "Now I'm going to be late for the field trip."

"I hope you have a wonderful day, young sir." The AI almost sounded amused at Peter's predicament.

Peter rolled his eyes and ran to his en suite bathroom to get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------

It took Peter a short five minutes to get dressed in his nerdy science pun t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Today's shirt read, "Oxygen went on a date with potassium. It went OK." Get it? Because the symbol for oxygen is O and the one for potassium is K. Funny right? No, not funny? Oh, well. Peter thought it was hilarious.

When he picked up his phone, he mentally cursed himself for staying out too late as Spider-man last night. Happy had practically abandoned him for a lame meeting, and his driving privileges were revoked for a month after he had barely scratched the fender on one of his dad's classic cars.