I Can't Lie

I'm Serena Su. I'm sixteen. I am also a spy. No, I'm not a buff, bald guy dressed in a fancy suit with reflective sun glasses who carries a sleek gun. I do, however, possess fighting skills and know how to handle several weapons. I might be a small girl with an addiction to liquid white out, but I am a pretty kick-ass spy, if I do say so myself.

I didn't choose to become a spy. I was chosen to be one. They (meaning the agency who hired me) purposely picked me because I rocked at martial arts (somehow they got my jujutsu records) and knew how to wield multiple weapons, yet on the outside, I seemed like a shy average girl.  No one would suspect a sweet, cute, awesome Asian to be a spy.  I pretty much blend into the crowd in China Town.

I was trained at a camp. Somehow a pamphlet got into my mailbox and said something along the lines of, "Hello Parents of Serena, your daughter has been qualified to blah blah blah." All that shenanigans. My cheap parents' eyes lit up when they saw this awesome camp was free. It didn't even cost "one dolla, one dolla." 100% free. I'm not sure if the agency did a background check on my family, because my parents were already in love with the camp. They thought the camp taught math, English, and such subjects. How wrong they were. Instead, it taught the other spies and me how to use various weapons and the basics of becoming a professional spy. The instructors told us our strengths and weaknesses. Year after year we went to the same camp, learning more advanced tactics and weapons. We walked into the camp as amateurs, and left experts.

Most of the weapons I use deal with aiming and precision such as archery, although it's probably the least efficient way to hurt someone. I have very good aim and reflexes, so I use bows and arrows, stars (lame right, I want to use those stick thingies and wave them crazily and hit people), and very sharp and dangerous swords, although we use wooden ones to practice with.  Can't risk losing an eyeball now, can we?  I really, really, really, really, really love shurikens.  They're like my best buddies.

I am also very small, which gives me an advantage and disadvantage. I am quick, light, and nimble on my feet and I am able to dodge attacks swiftly due to my small frame. However, I don't have a lot of strength. Hence why I learned jujutsu, to use my opponent's force against them. I also depend heavily on my weapons to fight for me.  That unfortunately is a huge disadvantage, but a spy needs her "gadgets."

The agency would call the other agents or me for a mission, depending on the rank.  I myself can handle the toughest jobs.  Usually I don't get called by the agency  because they want to "reserve" me for tougher missions, which is another way of saying, "We don't really need you because you're going to doom us and we don't want that to happen."

I do remember that one day.  That one day when one call from my agency changed my life.

 -----------------------------

Sorry for the future errors.  Hope you enjoy my story!

~Pitakarot