scoops ahoy

a/n: this chapter is a bit short as it is a brief introduction of 3/4 of our main characters. it's kind of a filler to get the story going, i hope you all enjoy! :)

———

Robin gave her room a once over before heading over to the kitchen, savoring the moments she still had at Hawkins. The reality of her life had struck her at the beginning of her summer break when she'd applied to Scoops Ahoy in order to scrape up some money for a decent car. Not only would she be away at college in two to three months, but she'd also be far away from her dear old boring hometown, and the thought alone petrified her.

A laugh interrupted her train of thought, "Robin, dear, are you ready for work?" Her mom questioned the brunette after having noticed the obnoxious sailor uniform.

Though both physically and emotionally drained from having been working alongside the likable idiot that is Steve "The Hair" Harrington, Robin mustered up a small smile and an enthusiastic voice, "As ready as I'll ever be."

———

"Heyyyy, Robin." Steve smirked, poking at the already visibly annoyed girl.

Rolling her cerulean eyes, she sighed, "What do you want now?"

Steve chuckled and swatted his hair out of his face, "Well you see, errr- you know that board you use to keep track of my victories?"

The brunette laughed, knowing damn well the boy hadn't scored even one girl, "Yeah."

"Yeah, well I need you to clear your very important data. I need to start over, even if it means all of my victorious feats will be erased of the face of the planet." Steve awkwardly smiled, leaning on the counter and attempting to do something Robin wasn't quite sure of.

Ding ! Ding !

The abrupt bell startled the duo, Robin quickly fixing her hair, "We will see about that one, Steve. I've got customers to tend to." She spoke quickly and rushed towards the front counter.

As Robin sped through the back of the parlor, she caught a glimpse of dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes and so she sped through even faster.

"GIGI!"

Robin practically slung herself onto the shorter girl, wrapping her legs around her small torso.

"Woah- what's with the getup?" Gigi giggled, lightly gripping onto Robin's blue clad thighs.

"Oh, company policy y'know. Customers like it more or whatever."

The plopping of heavy feet interrupted the girls, as the parlor was empty other than Steve, Robin, and now Gigi.

"Well color me impressed! Robin has friends!" Steve exclaimed as though it was the revelation of the century.

Robin frowned, their moment being interrupted, but hopped off of the girl anyways.

"Steve, Gigi. Gigi, Steve." Robin muttered, introducing the two.

"Pretty girl alert! Robin get the board I'm going to score this one for sure", Steve whispered into Robins ear, making her giggle.

"Uh, Steve. This is Gigi, my best friend in the entire world. She left for college last September and I haven't seen her all year. So no, you can't go near her, shmuck." Robin lightly growled, placing her soft hands on the boy's shoulders.

Gigi watched the ordeal with wide eyes, noticing some sort of tension between Robin and the ice cream boy, sexual, maybe, though she hoped not.

Robin removed the firm grip on Steve's shoulders and faced her attention at Gigi, "What are you doing here? I thought you'd be spending summer at your grandparents' back in New York."

Gigi smiled, "Change of plans, Anne thought it would be a good idea if we did more sister bonding time back here at Hawkins, so I'm spending summer here with the twat. I guess this works out for me, though"

Robin laughed almost maniacally, she knew how much Gigi hated the town and how much of a bitch her older sister was, "I can't believe you and your dumbass sister are going to be here all summer."

The blond sighed through gritted teeth, "Well you better believe it."

Robin had to redirect her attention from her best friend to the first customer to enter the store, Erica.

The girl in the sailor outfit nodded herself off before begrudgingly making her way to the front counter again.

The short girl barely opened her mouth before Robin interrupted, "Erica, you get no more than five samples. You can't just keep abusing store policy."

The energetic girl rolled her eyes, "whatever, I'd like a sample for the USS butterscotch."