Chapter 15

As the weeks passed, we settled into a routine. I would eat breakfast with Luke's mother, Layla. Lunches were spent alone. Dinners would either end in me locked in the bathroom, or Luke and I sitting in silence.
   I had apperently been well behaved enough that they added a treadmill and a tv to my room. Layla said she had spoke to Luke about losing his temper on me, but either her words didn't hold much weight with him, or she hadn't spoken to him.
   I had seen my face on the news a few times. I had also seen both my mother, Tim, and Bruce asking anyone to come forward if they had information. I knew, however, that nobody would.
   "Kitty, I've picked out a few dresses for you to try on so we can see which one fits you the best", Layla said. She was sitting across the table from me, eating her lunch. The TV was on the news channel. It was another interview with Tim.
   "Okay", I said, watching the TV.
   "Whoever took Kitty, I don't think you understand. Kitty is important to so many people. I love her with all my heart. Her mother is worried sick about her. Bruce is too. And my brothers miss her more than they would ever admit. Please, for the sake of those who love her, let Kitty go", Tim pleaded into the camera and I had to wipe away my tears.
   "I don't understand why you watch that. You know you won't ever be getting out of here", Layla shook her head and stood. She stacked our plates together and picked them up.
   "Because I want to know what's going on outside of my cell", I answered.
   "I told you, Kitty, this isn't a cell. It's simply keeping you from running", Layla walked to the door and knocked. The door opened and she walked out.
   "Not a cell my ass", I mumbled and looked back at the TV.
   "There have been more sightings of Batman, Red Robin, and Robin in the past month than there has been in three years", the reported said as a picture of Red Robin took over the screen. I teared up.
   "Please, Tim, hurry", I whispered and then stood. I walked to the bathroom and took a hot shower. The water hid my tears so I could pretend I wasn't crying. After crying for a while, I climbed out of the shower and dried off. I got dressed in a pair of pajamas and walked back to the room. I spent the day watching TV. When the maid came in, she set my tray on the table. I got up to go get it and she bumped into me.
   "I'm so sorry", she took my hand, slipping something into my hand.
   "Oh, it's okay", I nodded, keeping my face passive. I sat at the table and grabbed the napkin, laying it in my lap and slipping the paper there. The maid left and I ate slowly.
   After I finished, I left the dishes on the table, knowing someone would be in to get them soon. I walked to the bathroom and shut the door. I locked it just in case Luke tried to come in. I walked to the other side of the bathroom and pulled the paper out, unfolding it.

Kitty,
Be ready next Sunday. I'm coming to rescue you from them. Just keep playing their game until then. We can't have them getting suspicious. But I promise you I'll get you out of there. I love you, Kitten.

   I teared up and held the note close to my chest. Tim was coming for me. He was going to save me from this place. I heard the door to my cell open and close, meaning someone was gathering my dishes. I looked around and then carefully hid the note under the sink, behind everything. I flushed the toilet so it would seem like I was using it and then ran the sink for the same reason. I waited for a few more minutes before I stepped out. Just as I stepped out, the door to my cell closed again. I let out a relieved sigh and walked to my bed. I climbed into it and watched more TV. About an hour later, a group of people walked in with four wedding dresses.
   "I didn't realize we were trying on wedding dresses today", I sighed and climbed out of the bed.
   "The wedding is next Sunday so we have to find you a dress quickly", Layla cooed, following the group in.
   "Am I going to have to change in here in front of the camera?", I frowned. I knew Luke was probably watching the camera.
   "The camera is off for now. We wouldn't want bad luck if Luke saw you in your wedding dress", Layla answered, smiling at me.
   "Okay", I nodded slowly. She had me take off my pajamas so I did. They pulled the first dress onto me and I scrunched up my nose. It was a mermaid style dress with long sleeves and an open back. I knew before they even allowed me to walk that it would be hard to walk in. Especially in the heels Layla expected me to walk in. She was crazy, but saying that never ended well so I kept my mouth shut.

  "Layla, I can barely walk in this", I said once they had the dress on me and had made me walk a little bit, "Between the heels and how tightly the dress is, I don't think I would be able to walk."
   "Alright. Next dress", Layla sighed and they started taking me out of the mermaid dress. The next dress was a ballgown with a sweetheart neckline. It was much easier to walk in, but it was far heavier than the mermaid dress. My shoes wobbled as I walked.
   "This is way too heavy", I frowned.
   "Fine. Next dress", Layla sighed.
   "Thank you", I sighed as they took the dress off me. The next one had me completely stunned. It was a flowy dress that was tight from the top to the waist and then became soft and flowy looking. When they put it on, it was soft and comfortable and when I looked in the mirror, I felt beautiful. The dress hugged me just right until the waist and then it fell to the ground in a way that almost made me feel like a goddess.
   "I love this dress", I whispered, turning. The sleeves were long and the back was low.
   "I do too. You'll be wearing that on your wedding day", Layla smiled, "Get her out of the dress and ready for dinner.
   "Wait, what?", I asked, frowning. The grabbed a garment bag and opened it to reveal a dress. This dress was red and would fall just above my knees. The top was extremely revealing with only an 'X' in fabric over the chest to cover me.
   "I am not wearing that. Not around Luke", I shook my head. Luke liked to put his hands places I didn't want them and this dress would just encourage that.
   "Yes you will. You're having dinner with our family. You get to meet your future father in law", Layla smiled sweetly.
   "Can't I wear something else?", I asked.
   "No. You'll wear that. That's final", Layla crossed her arms and the people around us started putting the dress on me. Once the dress was on, I wrapped my arms around myself to hide my chest.
   "Quit that", Layla pulled my hands down and smiled, "Follow me."
   "I really don't want to, Layla", I shook my head, pulling my hands away from her and wrapping my arms around myself again.
   "Kitty", Layla snapped, "You'll listen to what I say."
   "I don't want to go", I shook my head.
   "Adam", Layla called. Adam walked in and I teared up again. I had trusted him, but he had been working for Layla the whole time.
   "Yes?", he looked at her.
   "Escort Kitty to the dining room, please", Layla ordered. Adam nodded and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the cell.
   "Let go of me", I struggled, tears rolling down my cheeks.
   "Not going to happen, Kitty", Adam answered.
   "You don't get to call me Kitty", I snapped, "You can call me Katherine. And Katherine only."
   "Fine, Katherine", he sighed and dragged me into a dining room. He walked me to a chair and basically threw me down on it. I looked around and found Luke and an older man that looked like Luke.
   "I don't want to be here", I cried softly.
   "Oh stop your crying", the older man rolled his eyes, "You should get used to being handled roughly. Luke is known to be quite rough in bed."
   "Luke will not be touching me", I hissed and tried to stand, but Adam pushed me back down.
   "Of course he will. The two of you are going to be married and you'll do what every couple does on their wedding night", the man answered as Layla sat down next to me. Luke's gaze raked over me and I wrapped my arms around myself.
   "Stop that. Let Luke look at you", the man waved his hand. Adam grabbed my wrists and pulled them away from my body. Luke looked me over again, licking his lips.
   "You're lovely. You will surely make some very beautiful children with Luke", the man looked me over and I felt more tears roll down my cheeks.
   "Leave me alone!", I struggled against Adam.
   "Stop your fighting or I'll have Adam or Jackson pay your little Tim a visit", the man said as food was set on the table for us.
   "Leave Tim alone", I snapped.
   "If you behave, I will", the man answered.
   "Fine", I whispered and Adam let me go. The three of them began eating while I just stared at my plate.
   "You should eat. You'll need to be strong so you can start having children", Layla said with a smile.
   "I will never have his children", I spat and the older man raised an eyebrow.
   "Apologize to my son", he ordered.
   "Not happening", I snapped.
   "Apologize or I won't hold him back any longer", the man glared at me, clenching his fist around his fork.
   "I will not apologize and he will not touch me", I snapped.
   "You will apologoze", the man stood and slammed his hands on the table, "You will do as I say!"
   "You aren't the boss of me!", I snapped, "And I will never apologize to Luke. And I will never let him touch me or have his children."
   "Then you will starve until the wedding! Then you'll be far too weak to fight him anyway", the man had a sick smirk on his face.
   "Don't you dare!", I hissed. I felt a slight amount of relief because I knew Tim was coming for me before the wedding, but I was also terrified because I would be too weak to fight.
   "Stop arguing with me", he huffed, "Adam, take Kitty back to her room."
   "Don't touch me", I yanked my arm away from Adam and stood. I walked past him and towards my cell, ignoring Adam's existence. I was led back to my cell and I changed into pajamas in my bathroom and then crawled into the bed. I cried myself to sleep.