[05] SECRET AGENTS!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

【 𝐈𝐍𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 】

v. the quarry

THE NEXT MORNING WAS BEAUTIFULLY PERFECT, a true summer's day; the quarry was full of life, ranging from the monotone hum of bugs to the flutter of birds overhead. The small group of boys stood on the rocky outcropping dressed down to their underclothes, trying to convince Verity to partake in a loogie contest. 

The girl shook her head, almost falling over as she took off her shorts. "You said we were coming here to swim, might I remind you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"We are, but why not have a little fun first?" Richie rolled his eyes, and the others murmured in agreement. 

"Boys," she huffed to herself, removing her striped t-shirt and tossing it on to the rest of her clothes. 

"That is fucking disgusting," Verity said in distaste, watching her new friends.

"It's not disgusting, it's a sport." Richie corrected. 

"Yeah, c'mon Verity. It's fun." Eddie chided. 

"Don't be a wuss!" 

"Alright!" Verity said in exasperation. "But I'm pretty sure this is that peer pressure stuff they warned us about in school." She grumbled, getting to her feet and joining the others, standing in a line along the edge of the rock. 

"Alright gentlemen. And Verity," Richie added as an afterthought, "best loogie wins." 

Each one of them took turns spitting, and although Verity would never had admitted it, it actually was fun.

"Oh my god, that was terrible," Richie said happily after Eddie's turn.
"I win!" 

Eddie frowned. "You won?" 

"Yeah,"

"Did you see my loogie?" 

"Yeah, but mine went the furthest. It's by distance!"

"No, it's mass. It's always been mass." 

"What the-? What is mass?" Richie asked, obviously revving up for an argument.

"Ah Jesus here we go," Verity said under her breath.  

"Who cares how far it goes? It's if it's green or white. Or if it's juicy and fat-" 

"I think that's all the description we need for now." Verity said quickly, cutting him off.

"Alright," Bill gestured below them. "Who's first?"